Nz Fossil Dealers?

Carcharodontosaurus

OH NO!

When I tried to log in to eBay, I realized that I forgot my username and password. And I used my aunt's email since I didn't have my own when I joined. :(

I have also forgotten my PayPal log in details. What do I do? :(

OH NO!

When I tried to log in to eBay, I realized that I forgot my username and password. And I used my aunt's email since I didn't have my own when I joined. :(

I have also forgotten my PayPal log in details. What do I do? :(

There is usually an "I forgot my password" or "I forgot my username" link on the same page that you use to log in. Click on either of these and it will get you to verify your identity and change ur password and or username. You may need to call your Aunt though because you will need to click a link that will be in an email sent to the address you registered with.

Otherwise contact Paypal/Ebay. They have fairly quick customer service...

Edited by Paleoworld-101

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

It would take a LOT of explaining to my aunt, though.

Wow you reply quick haha

I'm afraid you will just have to explain it to her i guess. Or better yet, delete that account and create a new one with your own details. It shouldn't take too long!

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

How do I delete it when I don't know how to log in? :P

Click on "i forgot my password", get them to send a verification email to your aunts address, call her up and tell her to click the link in the email, it will then ask you for a new password to be made. After you have made it and are logged in, direct her to the "delete my account" page in ebay's settings. Delete it and start again with your own details.

I forgot my aunt's address, and she would likely ask me why I needed it.

Can I make a new account without the long process, or would eBay recognize it?

Edited by Carcharodontosaurus

I forgot my aunt's address, and she would likely ask me why I needed it.

Can I make a new account without the long process, or would eBay recognize it?

Lol your situation is dire haha :)

I guess you could just try make a new account right now without bothering to delete your forgotten one. It shouldn't recognize it because you will be using a different email address this time.

*edit- however it might recognize your card/bank details... still worth a try though!

Edited by Paleoworld-101

Hi Carch

Getting back to your original question I have spent a lot of time in NZ in the last few years, the largest dealer I was able to find was "wilderness gems" located in Ngatea.

Despite saying they are open normal business hours both times I went there they were closed which was a shame because they have a good range of fossils.

I was also looking to buy from the Auckland museum when I was there last but the prices were astronomical e.g. beach rolled stones with shell inclusions $100!!!!!

My advice would be to go with what the guys on here have told you (we were all in the same position as you at some stage) and when you have got your ebay and paypal set up drop us a PM and I will be only too happy to give you a list of people I have bought from off ebay who have great customer service, prices and fossils.

You might also want to pick yourself up a copy of "The Kiwi Fossil Hunters Guide Book" (if you haven't already) it is a must for every fossil lover in NZ it gives you a lot of detail on where, when and how to fossick, Triassic to Holocene from one end of Aotearoa to the other.

Good luck, keep us posted!

If it's not one thing, it's another... :rolleyes:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!