Ok, I Am A Noob.....is It Nautiloid?

discsnstones

Found this one near Dennison dam, lake Texoma on TX side. It was covered in a chalky limestone matrix which I have cleaned off and was found near waterline and not from nearby Weno formation overhead. There were many Scaphite and Hamite ammonites near this one, but again this was just laying on ground and not actually from the outcrop.

I am guessing this is a broken Nautiloid? I would love to at least know the species if possible.

post-9185-0-79755600-1345487306_thumb.jpgpost-9185-0-77757400-1345487316_thumb.jpgpost-9185-0-78921400-1345487329_thumb.jpg

I think it's an oyster.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

ok, maybe it's an oyster :(

Thanks for the help ;)

Shoot I would take that. I find cephalopods all the time. Cool oysters aren't around here.

Shoot I would take that. I find cephalopods all the time. Cool oysters aren't around here.

I like oysters, it's about all I ever find :) Anyways it's cleaning up nice and easy.