- The Ten Commandments

- Cambrian Shales

- marriage agreement between Julius Caesar and Cleopatra – 52 BC

- Dead sea scrolls under A3 format

I wait for your propositions.... ;)

Dromiopsis

post-5175-0-27197200-1345812039_thumb.jpg

Ancient Roman telephone books...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for finding my wife's tofu cook books! She'll be thrilled! (Please bury them again). Good looking layers though, would love to expose each layer, could be insects!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Eocene, Green River Formation from Colorado's Western Slope (I have seen almost this exact scene over there many times).

scale in avatar is millimeters

Come visit Sandi, the 'Fossil Journey Cruiser'

WIPS (the Western Interior Paleontological Society - http://www.westernpaleo.org)

"Being genetically cursed with an almost inhuman sense of curiosity and wonder, I'm hard-wired to investigate even the most unlikely, uninteresting (to others anyway) and irrelevant details; often asking hypothetical questions from many angles in an attempt to understand something more thoroughly."

-- Mr. Edonihce

What people used to read, I think they called them "books." :D

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

I really enjoyed the "first" response to this post, but I think it may have been editted for "pc" reasons. I won't mention any other than that.

What people used to read, I think they called them "books." :D

Books??? I remember hearing of those things.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

Its that list of jobs I am suposed to do before I go fossicking that my wife wrote for me. I knew I burried it some where.

ok, after many threats and blackmail :ninja: ..... I give you the solution ...

it's alun shales from the upper Cambrian of Sweden, Vänern lake, Kinnekulle

When you arrive in this very old quarry, you are surprised to see "stack of books"....The workers used to cut the alun shales

If you look in details, you can see the migration of the alun salt on the borders....

In the cliff, more concentrated salts are present under places not wetted by the weather.

Alun quarries were exploited during 300 years in Sweden, the shales were extracted, boiled and the salt was obtain by evaporation.thousands of families worked in this business but when the chemists were able to manufacture cheaper and purer alun in laboratories...the decline

This old quarries give now nice trilobites....Olenus, Agnostus, Peltura......dozen and dozen of species....

D

post-5175-0-00577600-1345842598_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-19957900-1345842648_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-17274600-1345842688_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-65339100-1345842916_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-95520600-1345842980_thumb.jpg

ok, after many threats and blackmail :ninja: ..... I give you the solution ...

it's alun shales from the upper Cambrian of Sweden, Vänern lake, Kinnekulle

When you arrive in this very old quarry, you are surprised to see "stack of books"....The workers used to cut the alun shales

If you look in details, you can see the migration of the alun salt on the borders....

In the cliff, more concentrated salts are present under places not wetted by the weather.

Alun quarries were exploited during 300 years in Sweden, the shales were extracted, boiled and the salt was obtain by evaporation.thousands of families worked in this business but when the chemists were able to manufacture cheaper and purer alun in laboratories...the decline

This old quarries give now nice trilobites....Olenus, Agnostus, Peltura......dozen and dozen of species....

D

Holy Cow! Is that a mass trilobite grave in that one pic?

WIPS (the Western Interior Paleontological Society - http://www.westernpaleo.org)

"Being genetically cursed with an almost inhuman sense of curiosity and wonder, I'm hard-wired to investigate even the most unlikely, uninteresting (to others anyway) and irrelevant details; often asking hypothetical questions from many angles in an attempt to understand something more thoroughly."

-- Mr. Edonihce

Boiled trilobites....

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Wow. Some of the pages have pictures on them. :)

Context is critical.

Now THAT is an amazingly sharp wit. LOL

I love it!!

-- Mr. Edonihce

The first Braille books...

• 1 year later...

Hello!

Just a little update about Alun Shales

During my last trip in Sweden, I have prospected in a new quarry for me. I am always surprised and fascinated when I look at alun limestones.....

This old little quarry is now a field with cows, with small walls.

But you can find nice slabs with Agnostids with a beautiful black and white contrast.

Dromiopsis

post-5175-0-03053000-1382545053_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-13871400-1382545235_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-00128100-1382545278_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-88803200-1382545337_thumb.jpg

...you can find nice slabs with Agnostids with a beautiful black and white contrast...

This is a fascinating plate! :wub:

cows have walls? :D Well alum is a salt.

I wouldn't mind spending a little collecting time there myself. Very cool.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

• 2 weeks later...