What If....

Trevor

Hello everyone! I was wondering if you could live anywhere in the world near any fossil site where would it be and why. Personally I dont know where I would want to live, but I would probably have to say SC or NC because there are so many fossil sites between the two and you can find tons of Shark teeth there(which are my favorite fossil to collect). So where would you want to live and why?

: )

New Zealand, S. Taranaki beach. Here's why: LINK

(That, and daily access to Jimmy's Meat Pies!).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I would like to live here in Qatar, actually Dhukan, without the hassle of having to work for a living.

There are so many areas in the desert that have not been scoured for fossils I would be quite happy searching and researching.

CHEERS

I love the Lowcountry of SC - great marine and terrestrial fossils dating as far back as the Cretaceous.

But I would be kinda frustrated if I couldn't occasionally venture to other sites of other ages in other states. I find that the true scientific value of a find (to the curious amatuer) is understanding the flora and fauna of your area in context to other sites worldwide.

Im with CBK. SC Lowcountry..... I just found a very " productive " area, almost in my back yard..... As soon as i figure out how to post on here, i want to start sharing the finds. I normally take pictures with my phone, so i can import pretty easy, just dont know what to do from there. :wacko:

but i dont know how.......lol...... i found the area where you can make a photo album, but how do you post just a few pics on the fossil id area, or just in a topic?

Onslow County period.

i would love to live in onslow, constant digging up fossil material and putting in your home town!!!

the closest spot to me is the tar river and its maily whale bone fragments and maybe 1 shark tooth every 1 or 2 trips

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

Onslow County is very unique amoung fossil sites and if I list the sites that have either stopped, or restricted collecting for whatever reason it would be long and sad. We don't have the fines, or permit requirements, no carrot on a stick like PCS, most of all you can find fossils here from Creataceous to the Pliestocene in a lot of locations. Where do suppose my first big Megalodon came from?