Lovely Tooth!

chele

The tooth was found in Garfield County Montana in the Hell Creek Formation. It is as far as it will go. It looks beatiful in the matrix. A very thin coat of vinac was applied to preserve it. It is a very large tooth with the root. I really like how the gastropods are mixed in with it. There are also 3 shed teeth scattered througout the matix. One is on the front and two on the back side! I forgot to take photos of the back side.

post-5476-0-18983000-1346299674_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-60473400-1346299699_thumb.jpg

Edited by chele

Chelebele

Looks like a Triceratops tooth. :)

Beautiful, Chele! I think it looks great in the matrix as well.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

That is a fine display piece: artfully done!

Ceratopsian, yes?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Very nice prep and display, well done!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Does it have all three roots? It looks almost fake, it is that perfect looking.

Great find.

Hello everybody and thank you for the comments. It is a Triceratops tooth. It is almost perfect. There are a few chips but very minor. There is a crack in the root and that is why it was left in the matrix. It is a large tooth but I have some that are bigger but they do not have the long root. When the other teeth are finished I will add some photos. This one looked so lovely I just had to share it.

Chelebele

This is a real gem, congrats! It looks perfect the way it is, I wouldn't take it out of the matrix even if there was no crack :)

Every time somebody from this forum finds an awesome tooth like this I remember that I'm totally living on the wrong continent. I have pretty much zero chances of finding something like this myself...