Monmouth County Trip="broken Back"

Trevor

Hey all fellow fossil forum members i went on a recent trip on this weekend to Ramanessin Brook in NJ. I brought my friend who didnt find much, but had fun tossing rocks and mud balls at me while i searched, which was funny ^_^ . We got there around like Three twenty and stayed for 2 1/2 hrs. I wanted to go explore further downstream but it was pretty deep( like up to 4ft which is deep for my friend because he doesnt have waders but not deep for me because i am fine getting a bit wet :) . I went to our normal upstream bars and areas and we found some good stuff...I decided to do some exploring and dragged my friend behind and we went to 10 new gravel bars i have not been to. We both ended up getting soaked and it was refreshing :P . I fell into a deep pit and it was funny. I went barefoot again and my Mom really got mad so i guess this was the last barefoot trek :( . Well...........around half way through i got nervous my dad wasnt following us so i went back and found him helping out a young couple(who i think were not experienced in fossiling) and their 6 & 7 year olds fossil hunt. I decided to help and i told them to look near some logs and helped the kids surface scan. In 5 minutes i got them around 8 or 9 teeth so i went back to my friend. At the end when we left, my friend and dad wanted to race me back to the car ( they took the walking path and i went by stream) and if they got there first they would leave without me :P . I speed walked barefoot and had to climb over a few trees and i still beat them to it and we all had fun. Lastly, to end our trip, two beautiful, young red tailed hawks were flying in loops right above us because of and incoming storm ahead and they were so close we could see them so clearly.....it was so awesome and then one of them went KKEEEEYYYYY and it was cool....

Okay that is it and enjoy the vid ^_^

: )

those are some nice goblins! lol bare foot fossil hunting, you need to stop :P

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

great finds!!! you need to be really careful going barefoot in there, I cut my hand on glass siftinng there in March

Thought somebody broke their back.

Naaaa, just kidding :P . I didnt break my back, though it felt like it. I was bent over most of the time so when ever i got up to stand straight i always heard a bunch of cracks, ouch :wacko::P .

: )

Great trip!! Great finds!! That was so cool that your dad was helping that young family to fossil hunt. I need to get up there and hunt sometime soon.

Great report Survivor. You've found a lot of material there. The third Item you picked up (Triangular with ridges on both sides) Is an ammonite

fragment. I couldn't tell if there were sutures (fine squiggly lines that look like puzzel pieces) The suture pattern helps to Id the species.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.