Nice Rex Teeth

chele

You never know what you will find in an old stream bed. A little sifting goes a long way here in the Hell Creek. Also been finding Dromaeosaur claws. These were all found a while back and in the same stream bed. I am soooo glad we made the move to Jordan!

post-5476-0-61727500-1347202348_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-03135100-1347202377_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-84161800-1347202394_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-72301700-1347202410_thumb.jpg

Chelebele

Very nice finds!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

"Nice Rex teeth", she says...."Also been finding Dromaeosaur claws", she says...

I have a bad case of fossil-envy...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I do not run across the nice specimens very often. I usually find a lot of fragments of teeth and claws. I occasionally find some nice bones mixed in. I find a lot of tiny verts(1/4" to 1/2").

post-5476-0-84117700-1347204020_thumb.jpg

Chelebele

Keep your eyes peeled for the tiny stuff!

post-423-0-21334800-1347204851_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That claw is something else! Thanks for posting.

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Very nice finds, most members don't know what it's like living so close to such great fossil hunting grounds :drool:

So Chele,... um... :blush: ... any room for borders, up there? ;):P

Wonderful! I am so happy you are able to find great things there.

I appreciate that you bring them here, and share them with us. :D

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks everybody! It is hard not to find anything here. Everywhere I go I find something. A person could sit in one spot for a week and sift and go home with a bucket full of goodies. I enjoy just walking around and digging here and there. It is so peaceful and beautiful here I sometimes do not care if I found anything!

Chelebele

Great work Chele!

Even though I am a tooth man, I have to say that would have to be one of the finest claws I have ever seen!

• 3 weeks later...

Holy camoly I just don't know what to say about those!!!! But I'm coming to visit and I'll bring my own sifter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha

DO, or do not. There is no try.

I just have to regularly check these pics, Chele. Seriously amazing finds!

My biggest wish is to be able to hunt for fossils anywhere in Hell Creek formation some day. I know I'll never be able to do it, which makes me sad, but still, one can always hope... I need to start saving money for the trip. No matter how long it takes, luckilly I'm still young so I have plenty of years to gather the money. I need to get there if that's the last thing I ever do.