Crucicalamites Multiramis

RomanK

Very nice fossils RomanK, I always enjoy your posts

I was collecting plant fossils this past weekend from strip mines in my area.

Are your fossils from the upper carboniferous? which is somewhat equivalent to our Pennsylvanian

Roman.... Very nice finds as usual... In particular the Reticulopteris slab....Your Calamites (Crucicalamites) multiramis... Very strange... I have never seen anything like that before....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Roman.... Very nice finds as usual... In particular the Reticulopteris slab....Your Calamites (Crucicalamites) multiramis... Very strange... I have never seen anything like that before....

Thanks Steve, that specimen is strange for me as well. I writed Crucicalamites only because have seen this picture from Bruno's website.

It looks like an outer skin of the Calamites stem.

Edited by RomanK

Very nice fossils RomanK, I always enjoy your posts

I was collecting plant fossils this past weekend from strip mines in my area.

Are your fossils from the upper carboniferous? which is somewhat equivalent to our Pennsylvanian

Thank you Archimedes! Yes I usually find specimens from Bashkirian to Gzhelian (C2/4 - C2/6 ) 310-300 Mya which is an equivalent of Pennsylvanian.

Calamites+Mariopteris+Neuropteris

post-814-0-61399400-1347950624_thumb.jpg

Edited by RomanK

Roman....Yes there are many similarities to Bruno's specimen and thanks for the link.... I'm only guessing but perhaps your find represents a more ' basal ' section from a Calamites stem as any obvious branch attachments (that are just visible on Bruno's specimen) have completely gone and the distance between the junctions are greater... Or... Its simply from a larger diameter trunk specimen where the junctions would be greater anyway purely through scale....

Great finds ' both ' of you... I have never seen that before....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Roman....Yes there are many similarities to Bruno's specimen and thanks for the link.... I'm only guessing but perhaps your find represents a more ' basal ' section from a Calamites stem as any obvious branch attachments (that are just visible on Bruno's specimen) have completely gone and the distance between the junctions are greater... Or... Its simply from a larger diameter trunk specimen where the junctions would be greater anyway purely through scale....

Great finds ' both ' of you... I have never seen that before....

Thank you Steve!

Reticulopteris magnifying

post-814-0-30987700-1347954854_thumb.jpg

Thank you Archimedes! Yes I usually find specimens from Bashkirian to Gzhelian (C2/4 - C2/6 ) 310-300 Mya which is an equivalent of Pennsylvanian.

Calamites+Mariopteris+Neuropteris

Hi RomanK

In N. Alabama my fossils are collected from the Lower Pennsylvanian, lower Pottsville Fm, Morrowan which is eqivalent to the Bashkirian in europe, and i have not seen the divesity in my area i see in your posts.

Hi RomanK

In N. Alabama my fossils are collected from the Lower Pennsylvanian, lower Pottsville Fm, Morrowan which is eqivalent to the Bashkirian in europe, and i have not seen the divesity in my area i see in your posts.

Hi Archimedes, Bashkirian is not european stratigraphy subdivision, they have Westphalian and Stephanian. That's former Soviet Union palaeontology school scale :).

In Donetsk we have some 150 coal tips inside City. I visited around fifty, so found lot of different species. I think that plant diversity in different part of Euroamerica was quite similar or common. And new finds just wait for you :). Regards, Roman.

Edited by RomanK