Saturday 9/15 Galena Group

fossilnoob

Going to try to post this like I know what Im talking about. Hopefully all the reading and research can pay off with this one.This trip was awesome and a new quarry for the club. Its Galena WIse Lake formation! Here are some pics of what I have found, bare with me! I hope I can get these right

Hormotoma Major

post-3055-0-33442700-1347925610_thumb.jpg

Receptaculites oweni

post-3055-0-72486600-1347925859_thumb.jpg

I actually might have some Ischadites iowensis in the mix but I really have to go thru it. Just a feeling

They all look right to me, very fun stuff. The Wise Lake is the equivilent to the Stewartville member that I have collected in Southeast MN. I didn't see any obvious Ischcadites in the group of receptaculites, but one may be hiding in there. Not sure on the last item, maybe brachiopod mold, but it looks like there's a Maclurites in the lower right of the slab.

here ya go! Excuse the jeep, I just got doing the lift a few days before and I was taking pics of it in its naturally habitat! I was thinking of calling it Expedition Fossil!

post-3055-0-05040800-1348009817_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossilnoob

and would this be either Liospira or some type of Hormotoma? It was already in pieces when I found it so Im going to try to glue it back together.

post-3055-0-75918800-1348178840_thumb.jpg