Super Macro Mega-Pixel Fossil Photos Of My Fossils

BobC

Hey guys

I paid a photographer friend to take super detailed photos of some of my fossils and the shots are absolutely beautiful. I can't include them here because the files are way too large, but you can see the full sized photos on my friend Bert's Flicker page:

BobsFossils 9

click on the fossil photo you want to look at--then click on the little magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner, and that will take you to a page that has the various sized macro pics. For the best resolution, click on the size called "original." I guarantee these are the best macro shots you'll see--and there's more to come.

post-1290-0-35382400-1347975268_thumb.jpg

Yeah I probably should have put something in for scale--we're about to start photographing some Silurian fossils and we'll put something in for scale.

Your bud knows his way around a camera, for sure, but he has nice subjects to work with!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Both your fossils and the photos are very nice.

Speaking of photos, I think it's funny when we show various vacation pictures to people, and they comment on how we are such great photographers. Some of the places we've been are so spectacular, one can't help coming out with some great shots. Heck, even a seagull with a camera could get some good photos....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3JlJDznbNk

:)

Context is critical.

:rofl:

I like the way he got himself flying 'off into the sunset'!

EDIT: Forgot why I was on this thread. Great fossils and pictures Bob!

Edited by Bullsnake

Steve

Hee hee--I saw that video a week ago!

Auspex--I love the fine detail in the photos. The only drawback is that they really highlight my shoddy prep work!