Small Magnifier Boxes

erose

I'm looking to restock myself with small magnifier boxes. You know the little 1"x1"x1" ones with a 3 or 4 power lens molded in. So far Fire Mountain Gems & Beads appears to have the best price at $6.77/dozen (=$0.56/ea). Do any of you have suggestions for other sources?

Normally I stock up when we(Paleo. Soc. of Austin) have Fossil Fest in December. I buy from one of the dealers and his price is also right around 50 cents a piece. But I have a backlog of tiny specimens in need of proper storage.

In large quantities, UKGE has a great price, but the VAT and shipping eat into the savings: LINK

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I bought about a few hundred of these "bug boxes" a couple of years ago from a company in Massachusetts, close to where I live. They make lots of plastic optical products. They were great to do business with, good people. Here's a link:

http://www.jpmfg.com/bugboxes.html

I don't remember what the price was, and it's not listed on their site, but they are definitely worth contacting if you could use a gross of the boxes. Good luck.

Mike

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

I found 25 in a display box at DeerField Detectors, for $17.95

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen, and thinking what nobody has thought.

Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

Thanks folks those were all some good suggestions. Fire Mountain still seems to be the best straight up retail price at ~56 cents bought in dozens. I don't need hundreds so I am not going for the deep discounts.

Again it was kinda typical of e-bay that the prices were often more than retail. I find e-bay is the ultimate example of buyer beware.