A September In The Ramanessin Cretaceous

Darwin Ahoy

Figured I'd jump into the pile of the Cretaceous NJ posts lately. Here are my nicest finds from this past month, including 2 plesiosaur teeth, a croc tooth, petrified wood, a monster Archaeolamna...not to mention some nice micros including Lonchidion, Paralbula, and Rhinobatos.

post-1860-0-84154600-1349026032_thumb.jpg

post-1860-0-62859600-1349026034_thumb.jpg

That is a great selection of good teeth. In all of the ten years I lived back east croc teeth eluded me. I never even found a scute. Those sawfish rostrals are pretty darn nice as well. During those hot Texas summer afternoons I would be thinking a place like Big Brook or the Ram would have been perfect. I've never been up to Post Oak Creek in North Texas but I guess it would be the equal.

Those are amazing teeth. Especially the plesiosaur, and the croc, and the drumfish, and the sawfish, and...

Well they are all amazing.

and sweet plesiosaur!!! i am so unlucky with them... still waiting on a halfway decent one. so many fragments.

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Both of those plesiosaurs were total luck. The larger one especially, as it came after hours of finding almost nothing. Most days I would have packed up and headed to another spot. I'll trade you my next one ;) haha.

wow! awesome haul! havent been able to get up there lately because of my van but it looks like you been finding all the good stuff anyway ;)

Nice job on the Plesiosaurs teeth! I am starting to get antsy now.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Great finds, Anthony!

That Archaeolamna is a monster! :wub:

Thanks for posting them.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks. It's a good bit over an inch on the slant. I still need to get a good measurement on it. It's likely my largest to date.

Thanks for sharing your hard-won finds. I wish I could spend more time in those brooks, but I'm happy with whatever I manage to dig out ouf there. Teeth like yours would be awsome! I'm planning on a few hours at one of the brooks in a few weeks, hoping for some decent weather. It might be a little chilly but so far I've been lucky down there in October. Hunting there has always been such a pleasure for me. Enjoy your hunts.

Mike

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Thanks for the post DA. It's great to see the varied species

of the Cretaceous :) nice pics.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Plesiosaur teeth! I've never found even a fragment or seen one! One of my many favorites! Great finds.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

The plesiosaurs are certainly not common here. A miracle I ever found one, much less two.