Arthropod From Central Texas?

fishman1520

i found these 3 frossils in chalky creekbed in kyle texas,south of austin.the exogyra is my personal largest to date.that weighs abot 1.5kilos.unsure of the the spiral shell.the item on left apears to be some sort of segmented artropod.ive found peices before of what i believe to be the same organism,this is the most intact specimen ive found so far.can anyone help me identify this guy,also any information reguarding the spiral shaped shell would be helpful as well.thank you...Al austin tx.

post-9961-0-20643300-1349866700_thumb.jpg

its certainly not the best specimen,but curious.i can see what you mean by nautiloid.on the botton shot,it almost appears to show

a surface where other segmants could have been attatched...i dont know...

I agree with nautiloid. Do you know what formation these are coming out of? We could probably get a bit closer on the ID if we knew. The big gastropod is nice too.

PS I think I also thought "big lobster tail!" when I first saw one of those poking out of the chalk. Your partial specimen is typical. Keep looking and sooner or later you'll find a nice complete one.

nice..theses were found in creek that is near a big active quarry.alot of limestone in the creek.some wall layers of rock and shell..thanks

gastropod resembles leptomaria. fishermen find the best fossils...maybe i should fish more!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."