What Do You Have Hiding In Your Garage?

Boneman007

I know I have stuff in my garage that most fossil hunters would kill for, how about you?

Here is a Xiphactinus from the Niobrara formation of western Kansas.

The vertebrae string is about 6 feet long...

post-3567-0-99754400-1349978704_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boneman007

Nice Xiphyfish....

Jeez.... I have about 20 yrs worth of collecting in there... all waiting to be prepped or picked (microverts). From Permian ampibians (Kansas) to Jurassic and Cretaceous dinosaur parts (WY) to Whiter River skulls and skeletons to ammonites up the wazoo...

Edited by jpc

i try to prep at the same pace that i collect. this week i prepped about 1000 white river oligocene bones, teeth, jaws and skulls. all that remains now is an oreodont vert string and 2 stylemus tortoises - one a mere 75 lbs, the other about 200lbs in the jacket (required 4 guys and a wheelbarrow, but thats another story)....and aside from that, is time to curate and display the last 12 months' finds...

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Don't have a garage, so for me it's a shed, closet, attic, etc. I have tons of shark teeth to sort into quantity, quality, location, formation, etc. Also have lots of stuff to prep and glue/repair. My problem is that I have so little time for my hobby (family, job, kid in college, kid in high school, taking college classes myself, blah, blah, blah...) that any time I have I use to go collecting to find more "stuff" - dontcha know you can never have too much stuff? I hoping this winter here in MD we'll actually have some snow and freezing cold weather so I can't go collecting and give some attention to the sorting and prepping.

That's the big problem in Dallas. We can hunt year around, Preparation is time consuming and tedious at times. If you look closely at the X-fish photo some of the damaged vertebrae have been repaired. But that's as far as I got...

I was hoping we'd see some incredible unprepped stuff from others' garages... Com'on guys and gals, I fessed up, you can too!

Keeping up with the prep/collecting ratio isnt easy... I wish i could....Although mine just look like a pile of rocks...

Edited by Terry Dactyll

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

I know I have stuff in my garage that most fossil hunters would kill for, how about you?

Here is a Xiphactinus from the Niobrara formation of western Kansas.

The vertebrae string is about 6 feet long...

Looks like my garage! :)