Bernies Lapidary Rochester Minnesota

Bev

http://www.bernieslapidary.com/

I stopped into Bernies Lapidary today in Rochester, Minnesota. It is a fairly large store! Lots of hand tools for fossil prepping and lots of individual dremel tips, brushes, etc. that you can purchase for from 40 cents to a couple of dollars each--I have never seen these tips sold individually so I think it is great!

Lots of rocks in the back that they sell by the pound. Some were labeled like "Mex. Agates". Some of the rocks were heavily fossilized. Lots of petrified wood in slabs that had been polished.

Lots of fossils for sale! Maybe only one in the whole store was local :) However, I saw one prepped common trilobite for $10, maybe an inch long. Then another prepped trilobite that had a whip tail and whips coming from either side of it! Very pretty and very different! $85. I thought he was kind of high on some of his other fossils, you can buy them cheaper at Niagra Cave down in Harmony.

They have lots of precious stones and they make custom jewelry besides all their display jewelry :)

Lots of books on rocks, minerals and some on fossils including the Audobon Fossil Field Guide.

Just thought you guys might like an instore review of an online store :)

By the way, one of the gals was the one to suggest using Lime Away as a prep for fossils--I posted that whole experiment at the end of Fossil Prep Workshop :)

Bev :)

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

Thanks for the link, Bev! :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hi Bear-Dog,

I'm not sure what you meant?

Do I have an ownership stake or am an employee, no. I just found them through a MN minerals site I was on and since they were close and I was in Rochester I decided to try to find them.

Pretty neat store, from my perspective.

Bev :)

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts: