Nice Tooth, But What Species?

Nandomas

Just found this tooth in the place that usually features Petalodus and Peripristis ;)

It was in a big limestone stone. The root is partially broken. With the actual tools, I cannot do nothing more in cleaning. It was exactly in the place where last year I found my first paleozoic shark spine

Any guess?

post-1112-0-86541600-1350449327_thumb.jpg

post-1112-0-73758800-1350449366_thumb.jpg

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

A shark tooth and a shark spine...

I'd figure out a way to get that tooth out. WAY too nice!

Edited by Boneman007

that looks to be an awesome site! The mystery tooth could be a Cladodus or Symmorium (if Im seeing it correctly in the pic)

Excellent collecting site! I really like the first picture of the tooth in the matrix!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

good work, nando. if u need any last minute prep work or matrix reduction done this week, we can pull the compressor and scribe out on the driveway, even if i have to flip on some lights. we'll get you set up!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

good work, nando. if u need any last minute prep work or matrix reduction done this week, we can pull the compressor and scribe out on the driveway, even if i have to flip on some lights. we'll get you set up!

Do you have some of those 'upside-down masks' for him to use?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

hahaha! i too got a bit too hurried in entering the field recently...one kneepad right side up, one upside down...

Grüße,

hahaha! i too got a bit too hurried in entering the field recently...one kneepad right side up, one upside down...

You did, I assume, at least get it on your knee? :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Now that is a awesome pathological tooth. :o

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Brent :)

Sadly I broke the rest of the tooth root. I am mad for this because I never broke any fossils from that pit. Anyway i did pretty well with the other kind of teeth :)meg%20dance.gifmeg%20dance.gifmeg%20dance.gif:drool:

That is when having a small tube of thin super glue comes in handy. Along with some masking tape over the specimen you will at least go home with all the parts.

That is an impressive variety of teeth as well.

Thanks for sharing.

We air scribed some of these teeth at my house this week...I think Nando and Diana are en route back to Italy today, but once they are settled, perhaps you'll get to see the "after" pics.

Grüße,

We air scribed some of these teeth at my house this week...I think Nando and Diana are en route back to Italy today, but once they are settled, perhaps you'll get to see the "after" pics.

You guys have a safe trip! Hope to meet up again, and I'll keep looking for productive sites for you.

Thanks everyone and thanks America, once again you were very generous with us :)

The airplane left the East Coast just before Sandy did the landfall... The captain was able to take advantage of a small window in the hurricane... rattle rattle... :blink::wacko::popcorn::goodjob:

Edited by Nandomas

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/