I Want To Plan A Trip To Pompton N.j Area To Look For Jurassic Fish

njfossilhunter

This afternoon I went to a site mentioned in Paul Olsen paper..Stop # 4 . Where I would like to go is to Stop # 5 which maybe a good location for finding fish fossils.

Here is the link to the mentioned paper....http://www.ldeo.colu...YGSA_ms9_sm.pdf

I'm going to do a scouting trip to location number 5 mentioned in the paper on page 144 and if anyone would like to form a group trip let me know,,, According to what he wrote this could be a good chance to collect some really cool fish fossils and maybe some other fossils in these beds. Either mention your desire to attend by post it here and or send me a PM. all members are welcome. ( If your a minor you will need to bring an adult)........ hopefully it will be a lot of fun

Tony

post-2085-0-85599600-1350864531_thumb.jpg

post-2085-0-34016700-1350864546_thumb.jpg

Edited by njfossilhunter

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Tony,

Wish I could travel down to hunt with you.

Just make sure you secure permission to hunt from the Pines Lake Association.

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Tony,

Wish I could travel down to hunt with you.

Just make sure you secure permission to hunt from the Pines Lake Association.

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Thanks for the link Tim.......Its on my to do list

Well if you can make it anytime in the future let me know.

Tony

Tony

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

Will do, Tony. :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

if you gain permission i might be up for a trip. i havent done much hard rock collecting, but i like the exploration aspect of this based on good research.

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

if you gain permission i might be up for a trip. i havent done much hard rock collecting, but i like the exploration aspect of this based on good research.

I spoke to them last Monday and the lady told me that they will bring it up at the November board meeting...and from what she told me that they had other request to collect at this site.....So keep your finger's crossed. I will post there response here or a PM to members that showed interest in this trip.

Tony

I'd love to go, but it is a bit far. Good luck.

I would think so....But I would love to trade places with you...Being in Wyoming and all.

Thank You.

I would also be interested. Let me know what comes of it.

Sure will Darwin ...We should know by sometime in November,,,Hopefully within two weeks into the month.

Tony

Edited by njfossilhunter

Tony

I am interested in going if my work schedule allows it.

Sure thing......I will post the Pine Lake decision when I get it....and take it from there.

Tony

I'd love to tag along, too, if permissions and schedules allow!

Sure Can....Carl. I will let you know when I find out.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

I have not heard from the Pine Lake Association yet.....If I don't hear from them by tomorrow ,,,I will call them in the beginning of next week.

Tony

The Pine Lake Assoc. called me today and was told that no one will be granted permission to collect fossils at the site. She did mention to try again in the future because they might change there minds......Its sad that people that had been given permission in the past,,, But did not respected there property and left it in a mess. She even told me that permission wasn't even given to the colleges and universities that had asked to collect at the time of my request

Well maybe in the future.

Tony

Tony

maybe Carl should have tries on this one ;)

They told me not even the PHD's got permission.

Tony

If the trip is still planned or on the table I'd love to meet up with you and go scouting/collecting. Just let me know when/where. :)

What about asking the people who live around there if they have found fossils and or if we could take a quick look on their property as a small group?

Edited by Zapins

If the trip is still planned or on the table I'd love to meet up with you and go scouting/collecting. Just let me know when/where. :)

What about asking the people who live around there if they have found fossils and or if we could take a quick look on their property as a small group?

Hi Zapins......I had the same idea to do a scouting trip of the area to see if there's other places that might have exposed formations that we can collect at. It might not be for some time before I head out to look for these exposures,,,,,,but when I do I will let you know.

Tony

Tony