Some Exciting News For Mazon Creek Enthusiasts!

RCFossils

Just wanted to let everyone know that the long awaited Mazon Creek Fossil Fauna book by Jack Wittry is finally available.

I just received my copies and it is a must for anyone interested in the fossil fauna from the Mazon Creek deposit.

The book is published by the Earth Science Club of Northern Illinois (ESCONI) and is approximately 200 pages of quality color photos of some of the best examples of Mazon Creek fossils from both public and private collections.

The book is very helpful as an identification guide with several species updated from previous publications.

It is available in both hardcover and softcover. I believe it is now available on the ESCONI.org website.

post-1202-0-30162900-1352484997_thumb.jpg

Rob... Are there any of your fine specimens in there?... I have the plant one by Jack Wittry... Fabulous book....What you want from a fossil book really... Great examples and accurate data...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Rob... Are there any of your fine specimens in there?... I have the plant one by Jack Wittry... Fabulous book....What you want from a fossil book really... Great examples and accurate data...

Yes, the scorpion on the cover is mine. I probably have a dozen additional fossils pictured in the book. They did a nice job sampling private collections as most of the previous books concentrated on specimens in public collections. The other thing that is nice is that most of the animals listed have multiple specimens pictured so that it will make it easier for the average collector to identify what they have found.

Great book! Already ordered it and I can't wait for it to arrive!

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett