Post Your Favorite Field Photos

Uncle Siphuncle

If you really like the first one here are some more and one with no snow

That's some big country; I can hear the solitude.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

This is one of my favorite haunts in Arkansas... It's the

only place that I have ever found 3 mosasaur verts within

a few feet of each other coming out of the side of one of those mounds.

Dan, please don't say you know right where it is? :D

Hmmm... I've got a couple of ideas.

post-488-1226620704_thumb.jpg

post-488-1226620719_thumb.jpg

this is eocene igneous, but i am told the columnar jointing occurred because it cooled slowly underground, which means it was covered by cretaceous material, which later washed away.

post-310-1226613907_thumb.jpgpost-310-1226613992_thumb.jpgpost-310-1226614018_thumb.jpgpost-310-1226614057_thumb.jpg

If you really like the first one here are some more and one with no snow

OMGosh Grampa Dino! Those are fantastic! Do you photograph professionally? I love every single one of them.

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

I hope you do not mind I copied these pics to my file b/c in the winter I like to draw old houses, barns and scenic pics. Your pictures are absolutely stunning. I would love to collect more pictures from you when ever the mood strikes you. You have a very good eye for capturing just the right details. Please feel free to e mail me with pics. I myself try to get good pics to draw but I do not have the finesse that you seem to have with the camera. Bravo

Ya, no problem! I love showing off my field areas - one reason I can't wait to fly back to SF for winter break. You should post up some of your artwork - I've been doing artwork (what I would consider good; it was mainly absolute sh__ up until midway through high school) for about eight years or so. I should post some up here, come to think of it.

Bobby

yeah, they keep moving 'em around...

That explains why I kept seeing them in different states out west, I thought I was imagining them. :D

Hawkeye, is that in the desert, in a dry lake? Blown up the pic looks cool. I would have to look at all the rocks.

Hawkeye, is that in the desert, in a dry lake? Blown up the pic looks cool. I would have to look at all the rocks.

That was in Wyoming in some flats. I'm guessing there was water in the springtime but it was dry by the time we got there. The wind had carved everything out.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Here is a pic from another dig we did. My husband says you don't do a good job till you get it all over you. Hawkeye I am going to file your pic too. I hope the rest of you folks don't mind me copying your pics that I like to my file for later drawings? Hawkeye I marked that bag for your son with blue ink.

post-764-1226635242_thumb.jpg

The best days are spent collecting fossils

n758589610_498288_2286.jpg

Walking on the moon on earth. :D

Looks like Lee Creek Mine to me and yes like the moon at times

Ya, no problem! I love showing off my field areas - one reason I can't wait to fly back to SF for winter break. You should post up some of your artwork - I've been doing artwork (what I would consider good; it was mainly absolute sh__ up until midway through high school) for about eight years or so. I should post some up here, come to think of it.

Bobby

Our fossils I show, our artifacts I show, our rocks and gems I show but my art is something I share with family. :rolleyes:

Here is a pic from another dig we did. My husband says you don't do a good job till you get it all over you. Hawkeye I am going to file your pic too. I hope the rest of you folks don't mind me copying your pics that I like to my file for later drawings? Hawkeye I marked that bag for your son with blue ink.

Wow, Herculean efforts = :faint: + No erosion needed :D You all are completely filthy , I love it! :D

And yeah, file away :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

My good friend "Boo Boo The Dog" chillin' in the creek as Brock and I hunted the elusive Triarthrus sp..

post-179-1226549930_thumb.jpg

I did not see the Lab at first but what a drawing I could do with this. I have collected every scenic pic you have all posted for future drawings. Thanks

Edited by lawooten