Found Trilobites From 18 Miles Creek, Ny

DeafHunter1994

hello..

My name is Yann and i'm really Deaf young.. not sorry =) I just joined the fossil forum.. that's my first. ok i want you to know about trilobites. I found a lot of fossils from 18 miles mile creek. show you my pictures.IMG_0428.jpg

Welcome to the Forum from Florida, nice finds, thanks for the post---Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Welcome to the Forum, and thank you for showing your beautiful 18 Mile Creek trilobites!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hi Yann. Great to have you aboard and thanks for posting these nice triolobites from my home state of NY. I never get tired of seeing new pics of fossils. Hope to see more of your finds and collection. There are several members here that also collect at 18 mile creek.

Daryl.

Hello, and Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut. :)

Nice trilobites, especially the Basidechenella.

Love collecting at 18 Mile creek too - wish I lived closer.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hello, and Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut. :)

Nice trilobites, especially the Basidechenella.

Love collecting at 18 Mile creek too - wish I lived closer.

Regards,

The Basidechenella from Erie County are now placed as Pseudodechenella (Kloc et al., 2002)

Nice Bug emo31.gif

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

thanks... i'm so happy for my first basidechenella hard find.. very lucky . when i was 5 years old. my father gave me first trilobite and other fossil. i rasied in 18 mile creek special. =)

Edited by DeafHunter1994

thanks... i'm so happy for my first basidechenella hard find.. very lucky . when i was 5 years old. my father gave me first trilobite and other fossil. i rasied in 18 mile creek. =)

The genus has been revised to Pseudodechenella. Congrats on the great find happy0144.gif

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Yes welcome to the forum Yann. That Basidechenella/ Pseudodechenella is very much a beaut and never heard of them being found a 18 mile creek. I collected there 20 years ago and unfortunately haven't gotten back there to collect.

Congratuations on some very nice bugs

Crabfossilsteve

thanks.. =) my first i prepped for dremel engraver remove fossils away from mudstone. best cheap..LOL ...i know micro blaster very expensive.. i want one!!!!.. but i would love to learn how prep fossil. =)

IMG_0361.jpg

Edited by DeafHunter1994

Great finds and welcome to the forum. MalcolmT and myself found quite a few phacops at Penn Dixie which is a few miles away from 18 mile cant wait to check it out

Quarrycomber

• 1 month later...

Those trilobites look amazing! Hopefully some day I can collect there too but am curious, is this an open canyon/creek open to anyone and how much hiking is involved?

Those trilobites look amazing! Hopefully some day I can collect there too but am curious, is this an open canyon/creek open to anyone and how much hiking is involved?

Hi Dare2Dream,

The Penn-Dixie quarry can yield the same trilobites as 18-milecreek and is handicap excessible. Check it out- http://www.penndixie.org/

I highly recommend Penn Dixie for anyone in the Northern New York state area as a good location to get started early in your collecting experience.On most weekends in the summer you will find someone there willing to show you the ropes. If you go on their dig with the experts day they have rock piled ready for you to split. Only a few species of trilos but if you put in a bit of work you are pretty much guaranteed to find one.

Hi Dare2Dream,

The Penn-Dixie quarry can yield the same trilobites as 18-milecreek and is handicap excessible. Check it out- http://www.penndixie.org/

Thanks for the pointer Penn-Dixie, if I'm ever in the area, I'd definitely would want to check it out.

What about 18-milecreek though, the trilobites from there look pristine so I'd like to know more about that location.

Thanks for the pointer Penn-Dixie, if I'm ever in the area, I'd definitely would want to check it out.

What about 18-milecreek though, the trilobites from there look pristine so I'd like to know more about that location.

Dare2Dream,

Check out This Website for more info, or search the Forum for more info. :)

It is an awesome place to hunt, - I plan to get back there next spring or summer.

Regards,

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Wow! Those are some incredible bugs! Welcome to the forum from Alabama :D

I like crinoids......

Dare2Dream,

Check out This Website for more info, or search the Forum for more info. :)

It is an awesome place to hunt, - I plan to get back there next spring or summer.

Regards,

Thanks Fossildude, definitely looks like an adventure! Can't wait for the chance to check it out.