Stone Unknown To Me

dismahnayme

hello, name's trent. i'm a newbie to the mineral and rock world and i was wondering if someone could supply me with some help :)

74753_385342684882233_1944044980_n.jpg

sorry about the crappy image quality. it's fairly lightweight, rough and earthy looking with a light aqua blue fading to white. has a glimmer in some areas like glitter.

Odd thing to put on the FOSSIL forum ;)

But to my untrained eye it would appear to be turquoise or some lookalike mineral...

You might have better luck here: LINK

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hi Trent

Fossil Forum or not… don’t see why you shouldn’t be posting items like that in the “Rocks & Minerals” section. I thought that’s what it was for!

‘Tis true, Mindat is where the real experts are… nevertheless it does seem to be turquoise and there are several localities a little north of you in Talladega, Clay and Coosa Counties. Also Cleburne County to the east.

Keep a look-out for them fossils too, though.

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]

Hi Trent

Fossil Forum or not… don’t see why you shouldn’t be posting items like that in the “Rocks & Minerals” section. I thought that’s what it was for!

‘Tis true, Mindat is where the real experts are… nevertheless it does seem to be turquoise and there are several localities a little north of you in Talladega, Clay and Coosa Counties. Also Cleburne County to the east.

Keep a look-out for them fossils too, though.

Said before it was moved to rocks and mineral section.