New Guy From Missouri

Xiphactinus

Hey all! Just stumbled on the site. Looks marvelous!

I'm an avid amateur specializing in the Niobrara Chalk of Kansas. I look forward to fossil chatting!

Welcome to the forum. :) My best friend & I made a trip to Kansas to fossil hunt in "84. We got to tour the top notch fossil museum in Hays City. The complete fossiled shark with skin was amazing. If you haven't been there it is difinitely worth the trip.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Mike - you'll have to go back. The new Sternberg is much much nicer (and bigger!) Yes, that shark is awesome! I keep hoping to find one - no such luck yet. My family and I have had terrific luck in the chalk...3 Xiphactinus skulls, a complete Xiphactinus (17 footer) that I am currently prepping, an 8-foot Pachyrhizodus, a 5-foot Cimolithys with stomach contents, Pteranodon wing, dinosaur vertebra....no mosasaur yet

Please, as soon as you can --- share those finds with us. You have been able to find that one in a lifetime specimen 1/2 dozen times! B) I don't know why, but Kansas has better preserved fossils than Texas, especially articulated ones.

Niobrara chalk you say. If you have or ever come across a nice Cretoxyrhina Mantelli tooth, I know someone who is VERY interested in adding one to his collection Welcome to the forum, and if I was too subtle, it's me that's been looking for that tooth type for a few years now.

post-77-1196126774_thumb.jpg

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Niobrara chalk you say. If you have or ever come across a nice Cretoxyrhina Mantelli tooth, I know someone who is VERY interested in adding one to his collection Welcome to the forum, and if I was too subtle, it's me that's been looking for that tooth type for a few years now.

I've got lots of nice Cretox teeth (my son found more than 40 from a single individual). Wanna trade?

post-98-1196133848_thumb.jpg

partially prepped Xiph

Please, as soon as you can --- share those finds with us. You have been able to find that one in a lifetime specimen 1/2 dozen times! B) I don't know why, but Kansas has better preserved fossils than Texas, especially articulated ones.

trying an image here....

I'm almost at a loss for words. You don't have a collection -- you have a mini museum! B) Thank you for posting these. I can't touch you collection -- I can come close on the shark tooth though (see attached). :)

post-15-1196141639_thumb.jpg