I Found A Dizy Tuna Plate

Crinoid Queen

The first snow of the season must have stirred something crazy in me. I went on a prepping rampage today. Finishing the plate i posted earlier, I thought I was done but i just said the heck with it. I started on a plate I was saving for a down day. I worked on the two agaricocrinus' first, which sadly, turned into duds. Then I started on the unknown feathery one and it is another Dizygocrinus indianaensis!!!post-1179-0-09566200-1355801945_thumb.jpg YAYAY! Last but certainly not least I worked on another beautiful Halysiocrinus tunicatus :)post-1179-0-61810600-1355801949_thumb.jpg

Not sure if i will work on another or not tonight hummm :)

-CQ

Nice! The second one looks like a mosasaur flipper..

Ha! Sure does!

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Nice prep job Deb!

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Good job girl!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Sweet! Very nice specimens and nice work. How are you prepping them out?

Great stuff, CQ. Are these sandblasted or picked at?

Dental picks the air abrasive is out of commission until they get a new switch :(

Any one know a trick to fixing a on off switch they dont think it is gonna be in the budget to get a new one just yet it is too expensive :(

-CQ

CQ,Great work--those are really nice! I wish I could do that. You all are making me think I need to try prepping as well! That may not be a good idea but it is intriguing none the less. Thanks for sharing the results! Regards, Chris