New From Alabama

Guest N.AL.hunter

Guest N.AL.hunter

Just joined today. I've been collecting for 40 years. I've collected from Florida to Utah.

No specialty, I pick up any type of fossil. Recently found site in Tennessee with possible large Dalmanites trilobites (possible b/c we only found parts, but two complete heads, one 4 inches across).

Looking forward to contributing to this forum. Will post pics when I figure out how to.

Well welcome to the forum, be sure to pin yourself up on our members map. Posting pictures is relatively easy just click the browse button thats under the box you type your post in and then chose the picture you want to upload and then click upload, once you've done that for as many pics as you like just click submit post.

Welcome. :) Look forward to your posts & photos.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am near you (Gadsden, AL). I've been collecting for 43 years now... sometimes in Alabama but also in Arkansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee and California. If you want, contact me off the forum at mosasaur47@msn.com.

Guest N.AL.hunter
Welcome. :) Look forward to your posts & photos.

Hello fellow Alabamian.

I live in Harvest which is just north of Huntsville. I'll be really busy for a few weeks as we are moving into a larger home. After that, I'll be ready to get out again for some hunting. Also will post pics of some of my collection when I get it unpacked. I'll actually have a whole bedroom just for my collection!! Finding a mosasaur must have been exciting. I've found teeth and partial vertebrae, but nothing great. Did find a large portion of a Xaphactinus audax skull in Hale County a couple of years back. Pretty good for Alabama. My email is dchaad@mchsi.com.