New Finds!

Mudduck

I went out for a few hours this morning. I found a couple dozen teeth. Most were broken (actually none in perfect condition.) Several Angy's, Mako's, a Sand Shark, couple of Hemi's, The items posted are my fav's. A 3" Angy. I think it is a center tooth. My first find of the day is the broken 3.5" Lower Angy! Wished both were all intact. A .8" Parotodus Benedeni! It has a chip at one of the roots ends. I think the other one in the picture is a Lemon Shark but not sure. If it is, the largest one I have found. It is .7". I could have been out there all day. Rain in the forecast soon. I would love to see a hard rain! :)

Sorry for the red hue on the left side. Don't know what is going on with my camera.

post-7271-0-57814100-1357498713_thumb.jpg

You have a good site on your hands, and you seem to have it figured out: great finds!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

You have a good site on your hands, and you seem to have it figured out: great finds!

Getting there. I am learning new things and applying them as I look. I think I still have a long way to go to figuring things out.

What a great way to spend the morning and great finds.

Thanks Taffie :)

Yeah you are in the right place. Keep looking, there is something whole around there somewhere!

Great finds len! Did you fnd this in the spot you were saving for a rainy day?

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

Great finds len! Did you fnd this in the spot you were saving for a rainy day?

No, it was the same place I took you.

It took me 4 hours to walk it. I was walking real slow and really paying attention to my surroundings.

The 3" Angy looks like a Meg. I thought it was a Meg when I first saw it.

You seriously have a shark tooth "honey hole" on your hands. Cool finds!

Edited by masonboro37

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

Wow. You should be excited. Pretty neat you can walk a place and find stuff like this.

daryl.

You seriously have a shark tooth "honey hole" on your hands. Cool finds!

Nice finds, especially if you didn't have to dive for 'em.

Someone told me that I was really blessed to live on a fossil bed. A couple of weeks ago I went to an area that was just down the road and could not find anything but shells. It might have been just over a mile away. I thought I was really going to find a lot of interesting things. Yes, it is a honey hole and I have learned not to take it for granted. Some of the things I have noticed, I live not far from a river. I know that over time a river can change courses. It is possible that the river bottom used to be where I am. I have always heard that the water or beach line went all the way up to Columbia, SC. but being near a river, very possible that this was the deeper part and where I went the other day may have been a little shallower which is why I sall tons of shells. Yes, I am very glad that I don't have to dive but would love to learn. We will see.

You should definitely be excited about them!! I don't know about everyone else but I am ALWAYS learning something!!!!