Teeth And One I Have No Idea

MilesofTx

I would love to know what these teeth are. #6 is unusual. It has an obvious core but a strange texture. The pictures dont show the core, but its there.These were found in a gravel bed in the Brazos River Near Sealy Tx.

post-964-1225397506_thumb.jpg

post-964-1225397536_thumb.jpg

post-964-1225397560_thumb.jpg

post-964-1225397576_thumb.jpg

post-964-1225397589_thumb.jpg

post-964-1225397612_thumb.jpg

1 through 5 are horse teeth. 6 looks like it could be petrified wood. 7 is difficult to tell what it is, need more pics.

Again, I am clueless, but #6 is very unique. I wish the pictures did it justice.It has a dark black core, but I guess it may be wood.

i also think 6 is wood. there seems to be a lot of wood in the brazos even that far south of the yegua formation, and occasionally you will find some glassy black wood, even though most of the stuff is yuck brown and won't polish.

When I first seen the number 6 I thought wood also but didn't want to say something and be wrong. The others look like horse to me.

My first thought on #6: pet. wood also.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

My first thought on #6: pet. wood also.
i agree with the pros horse wood. oops :P or woody horse

also i have gravel for sale check the trade room or my posts. god hunting.

elaborating a bit on the wood. some wood seems to have been buried late or not in a totally anaerobic environment, and it starts rotting before it mineralizes. your second picture shows a side of the piece where it looks somewhat shrunken and i'm suspecting that the center of it was more or less gone before the mineralization occurred, and it sort of glassed in with more or less pure SIO2 and no cellular structure. the outer part of it kept the wood's cell structure longer and mineralized a bit differently.

elaborating a bit on the wood. some wood seems to have been buried late or not in a totally anaerobic environment, and it starts rotting before it mineralizes. your second picture shows a side of the piece where it looks somewhat shrunken and i'm suspecting that the center of it was more or less gone before the mineralization occurred, and it sort of glassed in with more or less pure SIO2 and no cellular structure. the outer part of it kept the wood's cell structure longer and mineralized a bit differently.
wow uh uh sure what tracer said :P

also i have gravel for sale check the trade room or my posts. god hunting.

i think the last little one may be a fragment of camel tooth? some closer pics would help, kinda hard to tell...

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.