Winner Of The 2012 Invertebrate / Plant Fossil Of The Year!

Cris

It's official! Our winner for the 2012 invert / Plant FOTM goes to the Devonian Pyritized Blastoids, Trilobite, and Crinoid from New York. It was clear after the first day of voting which invert fossil would take the trophy. I think everybody here can agree that this is truly a world-class piece. Congratulations to triarthrus and thank you for sharing such an unforgettable specimen with all of us.

post-1553-0-40187100-1358396757_thumb.jp

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Yeah, congratulations!

The small version of the pic didn't look like much at first but when i enlarged it, i was absolutely blown away.

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

Congrats for this invert winner for 2012 ! It is a marvelous fossil with several species on it, and a baby trilo ! Pyrit is very nice in them !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Way to go Markus! Congratulations!

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett