Winter Brings Cold Weather Query

Crinoid Queen

I am just about finished with my winter stash. It is not so bad this winter because I get to poke around at the museum and see there cool stuff this winter. But I am still dieing to go hunt! So I always save all my prep work to tide me over. I only have 2 more plates to do Scary! I hope winter is over soon! I digress, however. I was working on the Platycrinities, the large main crinoid in the plate, when I notice the small just to the side of it post-1179-0-87937100-1360121783_thumb.jpg post-1179-0-69640300-1360121842_thumb.jpg . I really don't have much of an idea on either of the two small ones. I think the one hanging on the edge is a parascytalocrinus what species any one know post-1179-0-26570800-1360121805_thumb.jpg?? The other small one has a gastropod on it supper excited!!! I think it might be a cyathocrinities post-1179-0-69257900-1360121825_thumb.jpg? Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

-CQ

Nice looking, I can see where you got your name

But if you want cold you are more then welcome to come up here for a hike

Dinosaur country at -15 c

post-310-0-38221700-1360174065_thumb.jpg

Nice looking, I can see where you got your name

But if you want cold you are more then welcome to come up here for a hike

Dinosaur country at -15 c

No thank you Grampa D -7C is could enough for me BRRR I hate winter enough already. I grew up in California where i was 21C year round and sunny. I was always on the beach. I have been in the Midwest for about 11 years now and I still cannot get used to it. Every one says I dress like an Eskimo. LOL

So far I have three opinions and they all say three different things about the smallest one with the gastropod. The other small one I have two opinions on sigh Any one know and ID on these little guys? Please help me out

-CQ

Those are wonderful crinoid queen! :) I would love to see a pic of how it looked prior to prepping.... Could you clearly see that they were crinoids? I just started looking and know that crinoids are found in PA also. I would LOVE to find one someday! :)

Those are wonderful crinoid queen! :) I would love to see a pic of how it looked prior to prepping.... Could you clearly see that they were crinoids? I just started looking and know that crinoids are found in PA also. I would LOVE to find one someday! :)

I do not have any photo's of this one in particular. I do have some ones before prep on FB though if you look in my albums.

-CQ

OMG your FB albums on crinoids are spectacular!!!! Thanks for friending me so I could see them. :). I must say that the prepping looks rather intimidating.... lol I'm thinking if I find one it's possible that I'd totally destroy it trying to accomplish what you do! Great details and looking forward to seeing more of your finds. :D