Need Help With Id

Herb

Time to get this in the hands of the local experts. I think this is worth a trip up to the museum center in Cincy. Or maybe a Dry Dredgers' meeting to get some fresh local eyes on it. And then there is the KY paleo group. I think they meet in Lexington? But before that maybe there are some local museum/science center folks who can help? Is there a paleontologist at the Falls of the Ohio visitor center?

I'm thinking Trilobite fragment. Due to the size and pustulose exoskeleton, I'm going with the family Lichidae for the bug. Possibly the free-cheek, This is certainly a situation where in hand ID would be most useful.

Perhaps it's my imagination...

post-3840-0-76631800-1360593068_thumb.jpg

Comparison(Same family, different age, genus and/or species):

post-3840-0-06908300-1360593795_thumb.jpg

Caleb's picture is a left dorsal free cheek, Herb's fossil is a ventral right free cheek of a lichid.

post-7992-0-12865300-1361044699_thumb.jpg

post-7992-0-98219000-1361044841_thumb.jpg

Time to get this in the hands of the local experts. I think this is worth a trip up to the museum center in Cincy. Or maybe a Dry Dredgers' meeting to get some fresh local eyes on it. And then there is the KY paleo group. I think they meet in Lexington? But before that maybe there are some local museum/science center folks who can help? Is there a paleontologist at the Falls of the Ohio visitor center?

Dry Dredgers have looked at it, also Falls of the Ohio, nothing definitive.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks