Decent Size Linear Tubes?

lissa318

Additional pictures taken from the sides of the stone where the structure in question is broken off may help. Trace fossil? Wood? Do you know something about the age of the specimen or other fossils from the same locality?

araucaria1959

post-8801-0-97085800-1360776283_thumb.jpg I found it in a cut embankment in Eighty Four PA that went down about 14 feet. I found the brachiopods along with some other finds (which I haven't posted yet-but believe plant fossils) about 1/4 of a mile away from this... Probably doesn't help much. Gonna pull up a map and check. Not sure if Pennsylvanian there or not....

Additional pictures taken from the sides of the stone where the structure in question is broken off may help. Trace fossil? Wood? Do you know something about the age of the specimen or other fossils from the same locality?

araucaria1959

post-8801-0-00066900-1360777781_thumb.jpg Here is another angle. Area is in between Permian and Pennsylvanian if that helps.... :)

The folds on one side remind me of lava. I think I can see little bubbles, but I'm not sure. Being found in Pittsburgh, it's possible that it could be a piece of slag.

Context is critical.

The folds on one side remind me of lava. I think I can see little bubbles, but I'm not sure. Being found in Pittsburgh, it's possible that it could be a piece of slag.

Oh well! Definitely not wood or burrow then? Thanks for your time Missourian. :) If I find more I will know. lol