Help Identifying Possible Fossils

Eclipse538

• New Members

So today while I was digging at a farm out in Denmark, outside of Copenhagen, I came across two very strange looking "fossils."

Unsure of what they are I did a little research on identifying a fossil vs stone. The lick test said that my tongue sticks i may be fossil and it was very sticky to my tongue.

Here are pictures.

post-11185-0-49030800-1361797641_thumb.jpg

post-11185-0-15031700-1361797729_thumb.jpg

I think they are chert nodules.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• New Members

They certainly are odd looking chert nodules. I've done a search for pics of chert that look like these with none comparing in shape or inner texture, and their are also no other signs of rocks where charts seem to come from. They were pulled up dirt, and most dirt in DK is plain muddy dirt with a chalk base. No trying to conflict or set a tone of disbelief, but how can I be certain they are chert nodules?post-11185-0-08312100-1361800009_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eclipse538

• New Members

They are actually FLINT nodules, not chert after searching nodules in Denmark, which I guess is some sort of chert nodules

Edited by Eclipse538

And such chert nodules are often found in the chalk deposits of northern Europe.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".