Carboniferous Plants From France 19

docdutronc

Some rare ferns of the carboniferous

Lyginopteris hoeninghausi Brongniart, I find it ,on a pit near Somain (nord france ) this specie is knowed in Langsettian (Westphalian A ) and Duckmantian age (Westphalian B ),her rachis is typical whith spines

Eremopteris artemisiaefollioides Crepin ,from LIEVIN ,typical sphenopterid lacerate foliage ,Bolsovian ( Westphalian C ).

Discopteris opulenta Danzé ,from LIEVIN ,this fern is non common ,Bolsovian

post-967-1225867450_thumb.jpg

post-967-1225867502_thumb.jpg

post-967-1225867540_thumb.jpg

Some rare ferns of the carboniferous

Lyginopteris hoeninghausi Brongniart, I find it ,on a pit near Somain (nord france ) this specie is knowed in Langsettian (Westphalian A ) and Duckmantian age (Westphalian B ),her rachis is typical whith spines

Eremopteris artemisiaefollioides Crepin ,from LIEVIN ,typical sphenopterid lacerate foliage ,Bolsovian ( Westphalian C ).

Discopteris opulenta Danzé ,from LIEVIN ,this fern is non common ,Bolsovian

Very interesting and good specimens quality.

Could you ID the attached?

Roman

post-814-1225880378_thumb.jpg

Very interesting and good specimens quality.

Could you ID the attached?

Roman

post-814-1225880378_thumb.jpg

Hi Romanks

this sample is similar to Palaeostachya pedonculata Williamson ,it is strobus of arthrophyta annularia /calamites wonderful !

about Sigillariostrobus ,the size is 14 cm and 12 cm ,I have seem in Autum Museum (france ) a sigillariostrobus who 's size was 35 centimeters long !

Best regard 's

bruno

annularia.pdf

Very nice finds Docdutronc, I like seeing the things others find and show, surfing through history what great times :D

Hi Romanks

this sample is similar to Palaeostachya pedonculata Williamson ,it is strobus of arthrophyta annularia /calamites wonderful !

about Sigillariostrobus ,the size is 14 cm and 12 cm ,I have seem in Autum Museum (france ) a sigillariostrobus who 's size was 35 centimeters long !

Best regard 's

bruno

I find this picure in cookrall

post-967-1225917118_thumb.jpg

post-967-1225917152_thumb.jpg

Guest Nicholas

I really wish the preservation at my sites were that good. I have maybe 3 fossils which can compare to yours. I'll keep searching though. :P I'll have the upper hand eventually.