Megaphyton And Hagiophyton

docdutronc

Megaphyton and Hagiophyton are trunks of arborescent ferns ,some pecopterid foliages are associated with this two genus ,who are not common in Carboniferous déposit in LIEVIN area ....

size 15 centimeters

Hagiophyton will be described by Professor LAVEINE ,original specimen Hagiophyton who is in LILLE museum,described in 1947/1948 by professor CORSIN came from Saar/Lorraine land !!!

So no specimen have been finded in north of france.This one was in a colliers homes,and the man put it in his garden to delimite border's walk !!!! size 60 centimeters

post-967-1225953052_thumb.jpg

post-967-1225953090_thumb.jpg

Garden ornaments! Are the streets there paved with fossils? What a wonderful place to be a paleontologist ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Garden ornaments! Are the streets there paved with fossils? What a wonderful place to be a paleontologist ;)

Yes garden ornements ,unfortunatly some rocks whith plants were destroyed ,shales don't like the rain !!!!

Bruno

In picture attachement ,epidermal barks of calamites

post-967-1226007280_thumb.jpg

Thank's Mommabetts ,now in france it 23 H 15 MM I 'm tired and tomorow is another day ,I must go working .....

in picture attachement : Asolanus camptotaenia Wood

post-967-1226009855_thumb.jpg

Guest Nicholas

I'm still jealous, this weekend I'll be getting a decently quality specimen. A nice bark, however I cannot find anything from my local resources which point to an ID... I'm sure you'll be able to name it.