Your Computer Work Station.

mikeymig

I have seen and started a topic before on the forum that reads - Show us your this fossil, or this color fossil, or favorite fossil. What I would like to see is where you work from or what does your computer station look like? We all communicate on the forum via the internet from a PC or laptop for the most part ( I also use my iphone and ipad when Im out and about). I was also thinking that you can tell a lot about a person by looking at their work space. :zzzzscratchchin: For example, I can be a little anal-retentive when it comes to my computer work station. I can not go on the computer until everything around me is clean and in its place. I get mad if someone else uses my space and leaves behind junk for me to clean even a fingerprint. :angry: I know its crazy but at least Im honest and I know I have a problem. :blink: My fossil collection and library are not exempt from my disorder. I know in an instant if someone touched one of my fossils or used one of my books. :ninja: Its not that Im greedy I just have everything in its place and its there for a reason. :rolleyes:

THANKS

Mikey

post-7129-0-19641700-1363188937_thumb.jpg

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

My "Glass-enclosed Nerve Center"

post-423-0-06264400-1363192179_thumb.jpg

I am...not fastidious. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

about 75 fossils on display in my engineering office interspersed with prototype designs, a 39 inch redfish and picture of my old boat (before my buddy greatly assisted me in flipping it in the gulf and leaving us shipwrecked).

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Computer??? Try 3 computers (2 desktops and 1 laptop) that I often use all at the same time. My homemade desk (thanks to the assistance of my dad) is great for handling all my day to day needs and was my idea for a desk that fits my needs. I also access the forum via phone but only for reviewing purposes. Is it always neat? No, but for the most part picked up daily; of course, it sometimes has 10 fossil books on it when I'm trying to i.d. it so sometimes gets really messy.

post-4072-0-12181500-1363198282_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossiladdict

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Here are a couple panoramic view I have laying around in my iPhoto, actually there is my Mac Pro, below the fossils on desk is also macbook and we have two iPads and a iphone attached via white cords , my workspace is my "fossil museum or collection" I will try to take another photo of the space (more trilobites up on top with everything attached and you can see how messy surface is around my screen (tax papers awaiting doing tax at last minute -- who wants to give em money early and my organized piles he e)

And here now is the current view of my setup with ipads, macbook and mac pro screen on my roll top. Cords, piles of paper and all. I live in my "museum" :rofl:

Edited by trilobiteruss

mikeymig, your post made me chuckle. Your orderly, neat layout is the antithesis of my pile of confusion. The photo shows one wall in my "lair." It is decorated, not with fossils; but with signed/inscribed photos of women, whose beauty I admire. (Now, I'm not a complete fool. My wife of 30 years is represented x3). There are two notable exceptions to the loveliness criteria. "Mongo" from "Blazin' Saddles" rides in and "Banjo Boy" from "Deliverance" offers me sage advice. As you can see my desktop is strewn with scribbled notes and assorted items dropped there for no apparent purpose. It suits me. Thanks for the fun post. Do you ever watch that TV show "Monk"?

post-8873-0-13376200-1363208051_thumb.jpg

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

One of my all time favorite quote "Mongo only pawn in game of life".

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

My "Glass-enclosed Nerve Center"

attachicon.gifP3130006.JPG

I am...not fastidious. :)

Neither am I

post-1906-0-16862100-1363212965_thumb.jpg

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

post-7463-0-64361000-1363213301_thumb.jpg

Since my back injury and surgery I've been living in the cloud, using a Samsung Google Chromebook and a lap desk. For the most part everything I want to do is easily done in the Chrome OS, with a few exceptions--mostly photo software. I love the fast boot time, and the fact that all my data is backed up in the cloud and accessible from any internet connected computer.

You neatniks make me laugh. I am currently on my computer at work (post 5PM) which sits among stacks of stupid things I gotta do and put away, and little dinosaur toys, and a plethora of pens and a fly swatter. There's a phone in here somewhere. At home it's no better. I steal the internet from some neighbor and I eat breakfast at the computer while perusing the FF and dropping yogurt on the keybopard, right next to the old dried cat puke. My cat Kiko often helps me type while trying to nose into the yogurt, while long-hair Micha leaves hair all over the place.

You anal retentive types are insprirational... almost. :)

Edited by jpc

too funny jpc, my workstation sounds similar, with microscope, camera, flash drives, printer, graphics tablet, swing arm lighted magnifier, cords and adapters, fossils, etc... :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Here are a couple panoramic view I have laying around in my iPhoto, actually there is my Mac Pro, below the fossils on desk is also macbook and we have two iPads and a iphone attached via white cords , my workspace is my "fossil museum or collection" I will try to take another photo of the space (more trilobites up on top with everything attached and you can see how messy surface is around my screen (tax papers awaiting doing tax at last minute -- who wants to give em money early and my organized piles he e)

attachicon.gifIMG_3603.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_3600.jpg

And here now is the current view of my setup with ipads, macbook and mac pro screen on my roll top. Cords, piles of paper and all. I live in my "museum" :rofl:

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gifimage2desk.jpg

:drool::faint:

My home desktop setup.

post-2806-0-68703100-1363224258_thumb.jp

Not nearly as messy as the fossil shed. :P

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I hardly ever use my desktop anymore. Seriously. I've turned it on once in the last 6 months. I use my nexus tablet and android phone. They work together nicely.

On my way to my station. And a couple of my MANY stations.

this is my latham station. And this. Is my STH station

post-9950-0-45793200-1363226104_thumb.jpg

post-9950-0-45790400-1363226342_thumb.jpg

post-9950-0-90507600-1363226452_thumb.jpg

Edited by PRK

GREAT Post!

I'm just on my laptop on the couch. Praying for no more snow in Minnesota as they are predicting yet more...

Bev :)

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

haha i also have banjo boy on my screen saver photo roll, along with the horse from Hee Haw....

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

post-6808-0-40733900-1363247600_thumb.jpg

Just kidding. It doesn't usually look like that. I normally don't have the Velociraptor sitting on the monitor. :)

Context is critical.

I pretty much live at my computer desk, so my computer desk looks like I live at it... I helped a local business clean out it's basement in preparation for spring flooding and got the nice desk for free and the "stop" sign was purchased at a flee market and not ripped off a sign post. To the left of the monitor we have my digital microscope and new camera wearing a hat. The printer in the back is mostly for show but does work well as a platform to pile reference books on. To the right of the monitor is my custom computer that runs the camera and digital microscope, as well as the "book stand". It may be a messy desk, but I know where everything is... organized chaos.

post-3840-0-86542300-1363263928_thumb.jpg

I pretty much live at my computer desk, so my computer desk looks like I live at it... I helped a local business clean out it's basement in preparation for spring flooding and got the nice desk for free and the "stop" sign was purchased at a flee market and not ripped off a sign post. To the left of the monitor we have my digital microscope and new camera wearing a hat. The printer in the back is mostly for show but does work well as a platform to pile reference books on. To the right of the monitor is my custom computer that runs the camera and digital microscope, as well as the "book stand". It may be a messy desk, but I know where everything is... organized chaos.

attachicon.gifP1010208.JPG

Yes organized chaos that is the ticket totally identify. Hey at least in the chaos I see one fossil under the camera and lights! :rofl: