Unknown Fossil? I Think :)

rockdummy74

I really felt like this was something other than a rock. I thought it was a tooth but I can't find any matches so far. It weighs about 4.5 lbs. My kids are making fun of me! Help momma out :)

post-11399-0-18152900-1363744652_thumb.jpg

post-11399-0-11575000-1363744679_thumb.jpg

post-11399-0-98417000-1363744693_thumb.jpg

post-11399-0-50283100-1363744706_thumb.jpg

post-11399-0-82123400-1363744718_thumb.jpg

It isn't a tooth, or part of any vertebrate I've ever seen. I think it is just an interestingly worn rock.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

We do have a ton of flint or jasper some call it and I have quite a bit. This is so dense. We shall see. Thanks for you time and ty for the welcome :)

It isn't a tooth, or part of any vertebrate I've ever seen. I think it is just an interestingly worn rock.

I appreciate your thought...I think you are right! Caught my eye and couldn't leave it there.

We do have a ton of flint or jasper some call it and I have quite a bit. This is so dense. We shall see. Thanks for you time and ty for the welcome :)

You are welcome and like I said I may be wrong. I am still a beginner myself but have found quite a few pieces of chert and flint that are pretty deceiving! Cracks, grooves and some large pieces that are rather suspiciously shaped... lol :) Looking forward to seeing what else you find! With every post you learn a little bit more. :)

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I was collecting in your area 2 weekends ago south of you on rt1. We found 3 enrolled trilobites on the big hill cut a couple miles north of St.Leon. You should try it if you haven't already.

I'm going with the others and say it an interesting , weathered rock.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Welcome to the forum.......Its a very interesting looking rock of some type.....I might have taken it home myself.

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I was collecting in your area 2 weekends ago south of you on rt1. We found 3 enrolled trilobites on the big hill cut a couple miles north of St.Leon. You should try it if you haven't already.

I'm going with the others and say it an interesting , weathered rock.

I know exactly where you were. I actually grew up in the Cedar Grove area. We called the area you were in south gate. Awesome finds!

Welcome to the forum.......Its a very interesting looking rock of some type.....I might have taken it home myself.

Isn't it neat? I also was wondering if it was a tool used by the Hopewell which we learned lived in my area when some artifacts were discorved about 3 or 4 years ago. A girl can dream!

I'd be buried alive if I kept all the concretions I've found..cool rock tho welcome to the forum. check it all out here it's a great forum

Isn't it neat? I also was wondering if it was a tool used by the Hopewell which we learned lived in my area when some artifacts were discorved about 3 or 4 years ago. A girl can dream!

I don't think it's a tool unless the Hopewell threw it at somebody. :D

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

I don't think it's a tool unless the Hopewell threw it at somebody. :D

LOL! Yeah your right and they were fairly peaceful...but maybe I'll keep it around as a weapon :hearty-laugh: