Goodies From The Maps Fossil Show

Caleb

post-423-0-28208100-1365545527.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

This ammo mounted in silver was what I bought for a gift :).

Also I got a whole brachiopod collection, a wonderful dino egg toy and a nice paleozoic shark tooth from Kansas. The best of the show was to make new TFF friends and to keep in touch with the old TFF friends :)

Bev, I am so sorry to miss you :(

post-1112-0-45919000-1365558063_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nandomas

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

Looks like you all had a fun and informative time. I'm overwhelmed at area gem and fossil shows. This looks like a show that would melt my circuits!!!

Bev our table was back to back with Caleb, I had my MAPs shirt on Friday but different one on Saturday and Sunday. Usually you just have to ask who is gonna be there, and find out if they have a table and such. Unfortunately they did not have names for us like previous years or table covers so ours was a bit spartan even with cool fossils ^_^

Another bug my friend Hassane gave me:

Asaphellus sp
Order Asaphida, Family Asaphidae
Upper Fezouata Formation, Lower Ordovician

Oulad Slimane, Zagora , Morocco

Here is a prize I got from my friend Dennis at MAPS, I had some poor quality ones I found in Utah years ago but this is nice and large and inflated with good shell:

Nice large inflated specimen
Asaphiscus wheerleri
Ptychopariida, Asaphiscidae
Wheeler Shale Formation
Middle Cambrian
Millard County, Utah

I'm sure that we met then Russ, because I hunt around that area for a while. The shame is not knowing who you are meeting compared to their handle on TFF!

Bev :)

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

I'm sure that we met then Russ, because I hunt around that area for a while. The shame is not knowing who you are meeting compared to their handle on TFF!

Yes I am sure we met more than once perhaps. I notice some people have name tags, we never got that formal at our table (Joes Jems) at MAPS however. Maybe we ill have a sign and nicer table cloth next year and be a bit easier to find.. I should have my Forum T-shirt on (have two)

Hi Caleb ...

Wonderful trilobites ... and of course, Gerry Kloc is a legend !!

B)

I agree Caleb, they were great to look at when you showed us! Gerry does awesome work!

Finally got this nice little bug from a good buddy John Catalani at MAPS and one of the leadership:

A very rare middle Silurian Proetid
Proetus cf. P. foculus
Ludlovian, Middle Silurian
Bob Limestone Mbr (or Formation)
Brownsport Formation (or group),
Western Tennesse
collected by John Catalani

Edited by trilobiteruss

In the past ...

MAPS would pass out information about the next show

Location and the date. Was this the case this year?

They had no program or other info that I found Indy. But several of the dealers said is was the same weekend at the same place next year. Most seemed please with the traffic, but not the buying. :)

Perhaps the dealers could make a little sign, even put it in a frame on their table, listing the sites they visit regularly or are members of and their handles? It would be very informative for the visitors to the expo, perhaps increase traffic on the sites, and give a more personal touch to the dealer's tables and how to potentially find them after the show. Very few dealers even had cards laid out! I would think that after show sales could be significant if promoted. In another venue, we experienced 30% of our sales from the show AFTER the show!

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

In the past ...

MAPS would pass out information about the next show

Location and the date. Was this the case this year?

They had to sign a 2 year contract so next year it will be at the same place.

OMG that looks like a much better show than anything put on in my part of the world... They have comparable rock/mineral shows around here where of course some fossils can be seen, but it's impressive to see such an event devoted to fossils.

That is a real gem russ, super jealous about that silurian bug. John is a good collector.

Yes he is, but generally does not keep many of his bugs. I was fortunate to find he had this one and he was thinking of me and my passion for trilobites. It is small but very sweet and rare.

thanks

russ

Bev, here is a picture Tom Williams took of us at our table for Joes Jems and Paleo-Pix Fossils (the two "companies" we have):

From left to right is Joe Devera (from ISGS and partner with Me in Joes Jems), Hassane Mhammdi (from Erfoud Morocco and partner with me in Paleo-Pix Fossils with Joe) and of course yours truly. Notice what shirt I was wearing that day also ;)

Edited by trilobiteruss