Nsr Finds 04/14/13

TexasWarEagle

What's the age? Where is it from? Information like that would be useful for identifying the fossils.

The second one looks like a tail vertabra though.

Edited by LordTrilobite

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I am not positive on age but I think it may be cretaceous and they all came from the North Sulphur River in Texas

The first picture looks like a Cretalamna shark tooth and 2,3,4 looks to be a very small mosasaur tail vertebrae and 5,6,7, looks like a mosasaur tooth and the last two pictures are of a enchodus fish tooth ,,,they are all from the cretaceous period.

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Ah, I was already thinking it looked like a Mosasaur vert. But wasn't sure enough to say without an age.

So yeah, I agree with that. a tail vert of a really small Mosasaur.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Hey thanks ya'll. This was the first time we have found any teeth there' it was really cool.

nice finds, a buddy of mine and I had a killer day out there on the Sunday the14th...lots of coprolite, mosasaur and fish verts and some big bone frags...but we found no teeth

Top shark tooth: Scapanarhyncus texanus

Bottom shark tooth: Cretolamna appendiculata

Vert: Mosasaur tail - Probably tylosaur - No telling the size of the animal. This could be the smallest vert in the tail of a monster.

Tooth: Mosasaur - missing the outer skin of the tooth. (small chance of it being pachyrhizodus - some of the teeth between the two are identical depending on tooth position- Pachy teeth dont usually get this big tho)

Last tooth: Enchodus petrosus palantine tooth (fang tooth) Lateral teeth are two-sided, palantines are three sided.

boneman ... wow you sure know your teeth, you made me have to spread my rather nominal NSR tooth finds out on the desk and compare them with the pics

Top shark tooth: Scapanarhyncus texanus

Bottom shark tooth: Cretolamna appendiculata

Vert: Mosasaur tail - Probably tylosaur - No telling the size of the animal. This could be the smallest vert in the tail of a monster.

Tooth: Mosasaur - missing the outer skin of the tooth. (small chance of it being pachyrhizodus - some of the teeth between the two are identical depending on tooth position- Pachy teeth dont usually get this big tho)

Last tooth: Enchodus petrosus palantine tooth (fang tooth) Lateral teeth are two-sided, palantines are three sided.

boneman ... wow you sure know your teeth, you made me have to spread my rather nominal NSR tooth finds out on the desk and compare them with the pics

Hey thanks ya'll. This was the first time we have found any teeth there' it was really cool.

Nice finds War Eagle...but Go Hogs, I'm a Razorback :-) I'm assuming you're an Auburn fan because of 'War Eagle'.

Boneman is "The Man" when it comes to ID'ing things I've pulled out of NSR...he's the best!

Anyone headed out there this weekend? I don't know if we got enough rain to churn anything up out there, but hey, it's sounds like a good enough excuse to me to go get a little muddy :-) I would love to go out Saturday, but it doesn't look like I can get out of a prior commitment...but I'm gonna try.

Not a problem... My first fossil love was cretaceous shark and fish teeth.

Hook'em horns!

post-3567-0-77711600-1366296407.jpg

Edited by Boneman007