Fossil Id Needed Please

gmd2831

• New Members

I was in the garden with my Mom in the thumb area of Michigan. She lives very close to Lake Huron. I seen this fossil and should it to her, but she was't really interested. So I have taken it upon myself to find out what this. Thanks

post-11635-0-29015500-1365983085_thumb.jpg

Defiantly a type of rugrose coral. Don't think it is horn though? Maybe a tubulate

looks like a horn coral fragment

Edited by Ameenah

Explore -> Dream -> Discover !

• New Members

I was able to loom at some other pictures with these ides. But this fossil dose not really look like those others specimens I researched. The "cores go the full length of the fossil and the large end" shown in the second picture" looks like it was attached?

I was able to loom at some other pictures with these ides. But this fossil dose not really look like those others specimens I researched. The "cores go the full length of the fossil and the large end" shown in the second picture" looks like it was attached?

The end without septa showing perhaps has matrix still attached.

• New Members

I want to thank you all for the information. I am amazed I could find this in my mother garden. She is going to find it hard to believe. I will print out some information along with some other photos. Thanks again