Woehr's April 2013 Texas Fossil Collecting Report

Uncle Siphuncle

My collecting was a bit lighter than some months this April, in part due to a lingering case of "weapons grade" poison ivy that I acquired while scouting for new sites, then, inadvertently, I passed the rash to the wifey - good times!

To see a few Cretaceous echinoids and a little Pleistocene vert material, feel free to peruse my report on the Brazosport Museum website BMNS.org at the following link:

http://bcfas.org/museum/Meander/2013/Fossil%20Collecting%20Report%20April%202013.pdf

• I found this Informative 1

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

why are all those grand daddy long legs togather like that!?!?

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

Yeah Gary that red tooth is a gem grade prize! The preservation made a common find uncommonly cool.

Grüße,

The P. hancockensis, very nice, there is some similarity with the Eocene echinoid Oligopygus haldemani. The spider get together was a awesome shot, never witnessed anything like that-----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Nice report, Dan, as always. With some work, most of those vertebrae should be identifiable. Also, in your "kiddie pile", two specimens to the left of the scale coin and down slightly, looks like a fragment of a deer astragalus.

Very nice color on the Bison tooth.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

Great report and all the pictures are wonderful! Sure do love all the echinoid's. The area such is plentiful in bone, how exciting that must have been. The grouping of Daddy Long Leg Spider's does not give me the chills, it's the tiny spiders with beady eye's around here. Thanks for taking us on your trip through your awesome post! :)

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

thanks all

Grüße,

Wonderful report, thanks for taking the effort to put it all together. The daddy-longlegs party proves there are still amazing things to be seen in the here and now!

Fantastic report as usual! The daddy long legs picture is awesome. I have never seen them grouped together like that.

Gabe

I like crinoids......