Carboniferous Plants From France 54

docdutronc

Nice!

Is this a different shale than most of your other specimens, or will it turn red in time?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice!

Is this a different shale than most of your other specimens, or will it turn red in time?

No that is not different shale ,sometimes they are black or grey ,and they will turn in red in time ,burned on the tip,personnaly I prefer the red colour .....

No that is not different shale ,sometimes they are black or grey ,and they will turn in red in time ,burned on the tip,personnaly I prefer the red colour .....

look Auspex ,on the left the shales are red and black ,in middle they are black,on the right only red .....this a tip near Lievin aera

post-967-1227456634_thumb.jpg

look Auspex ,on the left the shales are red and black ,in middle they are black,on the right only red .....this a tip near Lievin aera

That picture gives me vivid daydreams of searching through the pile for beautiful fossils :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Nicholas

I have many fossils... like.. possibly 100 pounds of impressions that look like sigillaria. However they are lacking the uniform circle structures. Is that common during preservation or is it a different species.

I have many fossils... like.. possibly 100 pounds of impressions that look like sigillaria. However they are lacking the uniform circle structures. Is that common during preservation or is it a different species.

Hi Nicholas ,you say : they are lacking the uniform circle structures , leaf cushions ,sometimes in the basal part of sigillaria leaf cushions are lacking ,or they are distant between 2 circle structures , perhaps it is too much small to see ,do you try macrophoto ???? ,that is a possibily about preservation factory ,I don't think sigillaria trunks from nova scotica are so different !!!!!