My Trip To Sc With My Friend Brian

zachj

So me and forum member makomecrazy wanted to go to SC for a while and decided that this weekend was best with all this recent rain the east coast has been having. We left very early saturday morning and arrived around 10:30. We hit the ditch that i went to the first time i went to summerville and I think someone got to it before us. We found some smaller teeth but no big angys were laying out. when we got to the end of the ditch it was more productive and we found some baby angys. We picked up a bunch of rocks with out hands and put them on the bank to help us see teeth a little better. After that ditch we went to another ditch in ladson. That ditch had a lot of tigers and hemis and the teeth were a lot darker then i was used to. The ditch was not productive and smelled like green mill run. After that we went to another large ditch. It was very deep in some places and the water was dark and hard to see in the water. I picked up a few teeth there but it wasnt that great. After that ditch we went to another creek and someone got to that ditch before us too. We sifted a bit and i found a killer bull shark tooth and a worn angy. After a long day we relaxed and went to sleep. The next morning we hit the first ditch we went to again but a different section of it. I found a worn baby meg and a very small baby angy and a lot of tigers and hemis. After that we went to harleyville to check out some lafarge piles but that place smelled awful. We got a bucket of it and left.

edit: in the first pic of the riker there are 2 yellow colored angys that i didnt find, they were purchased

1.) these are my 2 trips to SC put togather in one riker

2.)baby angy

3.)Another one

4.)baby meg

post-7255-0-59849100-1370910267_thumb.jpg

post-7255-0-02384700-1370910309_thumb.jpg

post-7255-0-16731200-1370910366_thumb.jpg

post-7255-0-09808700-1370910423_thumb.jpg

Edited by zachj

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

5.) baby angy

6.) the tiger shark that didnt know what it really wanted to be

7.) the back of it

post-7255-0-39717500-1370910573_thumb.jpg

post-7255-0-86137800-1370910633_thumb.jpg

post-7255-0-50905000-1370910682_thumb.jpg

8.) big ole bull shark

9.)threshers

10.)my 2 big boys from the first time in Summerville

post-7255-0-10673100-1370910857_thumb.jpg

post-7255-0-99518800-1370910899_thumb.jpg

post-7255-0-11529300-1370910961_thumb.jpg

Yeah man! Dude it was an awesome trip. I am putting a video together, so it should be up within a couple of days. It was an awesome trip and hopefully we can go again some time soon! Thanks for coming along with me man. It would have been boring without you. Thanks again. Nice teeth. Too bad we didn't find any angys that were above 2 inches. Next time.

Zach, first pic, tooth just to the left of the threshers; is that a Catticus tooth?

BTW, awesome teeth from just two trips - you're amassing one heck of a collection there kiddo.

thanks guys, im glad i have such a productive ditch. And yes that is a catticus tooth. They always seem to come to me.

It is tough around here. When I used to hit the ditches, I would go the morning after a rain. I usually tried to arive about an hour before sun up with a head lamp an still sometimes saw foot prints. If I saw foot prints, I often would immediately turn around and go to the next place. Some ditches have honey holes though, so it is good to know exactly where to look. Your collection is growing ;)

Cool finds, Zach. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

the honey holes are in the deep parts of the ditchs that no one can see! me and brian were scooping out hands down there and pulling up a bunch of old leaves in hopes of a nice angy down their! too bad we couldent find any!

Cool finds, Zach. :)

thank you :)

Everyone and their cousin knows about Sawmill Branch in Summerville, but like some were saying its all about where you look, pulled all of this material from a 4'x4' 'hole' in about an hour and a half a couple

months ago, barely had to move my feet. ;)

post-11890-0-49155700-1370918822_thumb.jpg

Edited by ibuprofen200mg

Everyone and their cousin knows about Sawmill Branch in Summerville, but like some were saying its all about where you look, pulled all of this material from a 4'x4' 'hole' in about an hour and a half, barely had to move my feet. ;)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

wow, impressive for such a small hole. nice finds my friend

wow, impressive for such a small hole. nice finds my friend

Thanks! As is the case with a lot of drainage ditches productive spots seem to move around, at least for me.

Great finds Zach! Someone got there before you, well that rascal! :)

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

that looks like a fun couple of days to me. It's always fun to hunt with others that share in your passion. Very cool teeth, makes me think I need to head south for the summer!

haha you can just stay where you at man! you have an awesome site within walking distance!

Great finds Zach! Someone got there before you, well that rascal! :)

ikr! thanks libby! summerville is tough huntin :(

Thanks! As is the case with a lot of drainage ditches productive spots seem to move around, at least for me.

the first ditch we went to has the most productive spot right in the start of it. after that it slowly starts to get worse.

Zach,

Great finds, You and Mako are real hunters :D

Keep up the good work

Peter