Summerville Sc Trip

MakoMeCrazy

I went to Summerville SC this past weekend with my dad and forum member zachj. We spend two days in SC and had a very nice haul. We left at 6am and got there at 10:30 am. It was a long drive, but we talked about teeth to pass the time. First, we went to one of zach's sites. It was probably the best site of the whole trip. I found my first angy there and I was pretty happy. I found a couple more surface collecting, but they were mostly broken. Next we went to another site and sifted there. We didn't find that much, but I did find half of a huge shark vert. After that we went to another place where we could sift. It was located in Ladson SC. We sifted there and found a couple of nice teeth, but we were really tired and decided to call it a day. The next day we went to Zach's site and we decided to surface collect some more. We tried to grab some of the gravel from the bottom of the deep parts in hopes of pulling up and angy, but we didn't. After that site, we went home. On the way home we went to harleyville SC to pick up some micro material. We each took a bucked and headed home. Overall, it was a great trip and I was glad I went because I found my first Angustiden and I could spend my day with my fossil bud zach. I Want to go back!

Here's the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9j6KplMcV8

Here's the pics. The color is amazing. Love the color of the teeth that come from SC

post-6564-0-24909600-1370967052_thumb.jpg

post-6564-0-20060200-1370967067_thumb.jpg

post-6564-0-16707200-1370967143_thumb.jpg

post-6564-0-93002200-1370967166_thumb.jpg

post-6564-0-02044800-1370967189_thumb.jpg

post-6564-0-34560100-1370967219_thumb.jpg

post-6564-0-49919000-1370967243_thumb.jpg

post-6564-0-36812300-1370967262_thumb.jpg

post-6564-0-40213400-1370967287_thumb.jpg

Edited by MakoMeCrazy

killer teeth brian! i enjoyed it too! show them the baby angy you found!

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

Great teeth and vert's. Thanks for sharing.. One of my places on my bucket list to go to. :)

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

I'm heading to SC next week- hoping to find a good place to camp and hunt some teeth- any suggestions?

Great teeth and vert's. Thanks for sharing.. One of my places on my bucket list to go to. :)

Thank you! I think it was worth it to go

I'm heading to SC next week- hoping to find a good place to camp and hunt some teeth- any suggestions?

I was also looking for camp grounds in SC, and I found a few...but I decided to stay the night in a hotel instead. You might want to check out this site.

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/camping-lodging/lodging/default.aspx

Very nice.

Thanks. Next time Zach, you and I can all go together...well in a couple of years...but yeah that would be cool.

hey brian looks like you and zach had a good go of it. I love the tiny angy! glad you guys had a great weekend.

mike

hey brian looks like you and zach had a good go of it. I love the tiny angy! glad you guys had a great weekend.

mike

Yeah it was a great trip! ,too bad we live 4 and a half hours away. I personally think the baby angy was one of the best finds from the trip.

Brian,

Love the videos you make!

Gives me the feeling I am holding those great teeth.

Happy for you and Zack for the great weekend :D

Peter