Could This Be A Footprint?

jpbowden

I found this in a woodbine formation and was wondering if it maybe a webbed footprint, it is about 5" long and there were others but could not reach them.

Guest Nicholas

Its interesting but I'm not sure if it is a footprint. I don't think there were any webbed footed creatures which has a 5 inch long foot, I may be mistaken.

I thought so at first too Roz, and I have lots to compare it with. When I was a kid we used to follow the big snapping turtles and when they went through shallow water they would kick their selves along. This looks like what their tracks looked like. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is what it is, but that it just looks like it.

There were more than one, I could not get to the others just couldn't reach then. Just to much trouble and I came close to getting killed. A ledge too far. I did go to the bottom of the embankment all I found was an ammonites and some echinoids.

...there were others but could not reach them.

Were the others repetitions of the same basic pattern?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

From what I could see, they looked to be the same size and shape. I have no idea what they are.

Repetition of a pattern like that argues against burrows and for tracks, since I'd expect burrows to be a little more random.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Nicholas
Repetition of a pattern like that argues against burrows and for tracks, since I'd expect burrows to be a little more random.

I concur.

Any chance of you going back to snap some shots of the site and others?

I concur.

Any chance of you going back to snap some shots of the site and others?

It would be interesting to see the others laid out in a pattern.