My Permian - Triassic Collection

Nothos

Hi fossils friends,

My collection is exclusively based on Permian and Triassic fossils.

As there are too many pics for sharing here you can see a large part of my collection in my gallery :

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/gallery/member/5102-nothos/

It's nearly complete, but a large part is present. A few other specimens will come soon.

Your comments or critics are welcome !

THX

post-5102-0-14692900-1372192978_thumb.jpg

Many updates in my gallery for interested ones ;-)

Critics or comments are of course welcome !

Edited by Nothos

Many updates in my gallery for intetested ones ;-)

Critics or comments are of course welcome !

Hi Nothos, quite a collection of ammonites--very nice! We really dont get to see much that are Triassic in age, especially anything from Timor. By any chance did you collect the ones from Timor yourself?

Love seeing fossils from other areas! Thanks for showing us. Regards, Chris

Hi Plantguy, thanks for the flowers ^_^ !

Unfortunately, I did not have luck do digg in Timor. Much too far away, and difficult with laws. I hunt as often as possible in Upper Muschelkalk from France. About all the fossils from this period in my gallery were found by myself.

I try to enlarge my collection by trades as much as possible, but for rare specimens from the other side of the planet, a purchase is often inevitable ... Unfortunately because, for many collectors, Triassic fossils are not interesting :(. And as it's what I mainly hunt ...

Hi Plantguy, thanks for the flowers ^_^ !

Unfortunately, I did not have luck do digg in Timor. Much too far away, and difficult with laws. I hunt as often as possible in Upper Muschelkalk from France. About all the fossils from this period in my gallery were found by myself.

I try to enlarge my collection by trades as much as possible, but for rare specimens from the other side of the planet, a purchase is often inevitable ... Unfortunately because, for many collectors, Triassic fossils are not interesting :(. And as it's what I mainly hunt ...

Thanks Nothos for the reply. I understand, Timor is a long ways from here as well! I have acquired a lot of specimens thru trade and purchase from other parts of the world and different ages as well. Florida has lots of fossils but all are Eocene or younger in age. Regards, Chris

Yes, unfortunately, I can't afford travels like this one ... Maybe one day ! ^_^

Yes, as I collect fossils from all other the world, some pieces can only come in my collection by purchase ... It's like that !

As I said, Triassic fossils I hunt are often not very interesting for other collectors, that's why I sometimes hunt in Jurassic to get material for trade ...