Field Museum Reorganizing

Auspex

Hard times, but optimism reigns.

LINK

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I love that museum! We used to take school field trips there as kids..

I sure hope it turn out well. I like the change that in the future you can actually watch the

visible laboratories.. Now that would be fascinating.

Welcome to the forum!

I was just there a few months ago. The place was packed with school kids. I hope they bring a little more out of the archives for viewing. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have more stuff on display.

Ramo

I tried to upload a photo, but for some reason I couldn't right now. I'll try later.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

The Field's glory is as a research museum, and it seems that this is a legacy they are committed to preserving.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

As a member of this great institution I sure hope they get things straightened out down there. It seems with the right person in public relations, and with a little strategic planning, a fundraising campaign could recoup most of what was lost in the endowment. But what do I know? I'm a carpenter, not a fundraiser. :D

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.