Blaine Did It Again! New Rex Site

chele

I cannot believe Blaine found another T rex site, and like last time it was by accident. He went out for a few hours today to dig on a site where he found a Torosaurus a while back. He recovered a rib and various other bones and then he got bored. He walked about a hundred yards and spied a large boulder that had a large section of frill in it. He wanted to take it home but he could not load it because it weighed about 300 pounds. He could not lift it because of his shoulders. The boulderwas10 or so yards from a large mound of clay. He come up with a plan to dig a hole on one side wide and deep enough for the 4 wheeler so he could back into it and just roll the rock onto the rack of the 4 wheeler. He dug down about 3 feet and he heard a clink. He did not know what he hit so he sifted through the dirt and found a T rex tooth. It was beautiful. It was much larger before the shovel hit it, but it is still a lovely tooth. He thought that since he was already down 3 feet he might as well go a little further. He got down around five feet and he found a massive T rex rib! He has unearthed 40 inches so far. The bones are in a very hard clay so the digging is rough. He did not have enough time to get the rib out so he put some CA on it, wrapped tinfoil on and buried it until he gets around to recover it. Hopefully there will be more bones. This site we can share the news with you, so we will keep everyone updated.

post-5476-0-49506700-1373251377_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-17178000-1373251401_thumb.jpg

Chelebele

That's great! You folks are about to collect yourselves into the history books.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Blaine is very excited. He is hoping that there will be more hidden. Blaine said he would be happy if all he found were some foot claws. That way we could afford to pay the 30 percent to the land owners so we could keep them!

Chelebele

Blaine is very excited. He is hoping that there will be more hidden. Blaine said he would be happy if all he found were some foot claws. That way we could afford to pay the 30 percent to the land owners so we could keep them!

Maybe the owners will let you keep 30 percent of the T Rexes you find:)

:faint:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Great work guys!

I remember the last time I found two Rex's...... Said no one ever.

At some point I wonder if the land owners would hire someone to come in with one of those ground penetrating radar machines to find more T-Rex's....oh wait a minute, they have such a machine already, it's called a "Blaine" :)

Excellent!

You should open up some nice cold lagers to celebrate your lagerstatte. :)

Context is critical.

The legend of Chele and Blaine continues. Congratulations to you both.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

At some point I wonder if the land owners would hire someone to come in with one of those ground penetrating radar machines to find more T-Rex's....oh wait a minute, they have such a machine already, it's called a "Blaine" :)

I do not know how he finds all the sites so easily. We will be driving along on the 4 wheeler and he will just drive to a spot and start digging. All of a sudden big bones appear. I am glad he has a knack for finding them.

Chelebele

The Rex Whisperer...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

You guys are just the luckiest people in the world! Congratulations on another great find. Can't wait to see some more picts.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'