Brechin, Bits And Bites

Boom

Found these over the weekend at the J.D. quarry. The largest heads I have ever found. Someday I will find a large complete trilobite....

post-3116-0-17552600-1373471533_thumb.jpg

post-3116-0-86086100-1373471595_thumb.jpg

Were you there Sunday, or late Saturday? I had the place to myself most of the day Saturday. I ended up with a decent enrolled Isotelus from the top and a crinoid cut from the bottom pit floor

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Nice little haul , thought about going up to JDQ on Saturday but was way too humid for me

Kevin was the crinoid worth showing us a picture....

Any new blasts ......have not been up there in 7 weeks now, unfortunately been way to busy to get out and the weather has been a real mess on weekends this summer.

Edited by Malcolmt

That big glabellum is killer! As presented, I'd display it with the same respect as a complete trilobite.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Nice little haul , thought about going up to JDQ on Saturday but was way too humid for me

Kevin was the crinoid worth showing us a picture....

Any new blasts ......have not been up there in 7 weeks now, unfortunately been way to busy to get out and the weather has been a real mess on weekends this summer.

It need prepping, but I'll see if I can't post a pic tonite as it is. They keep blasting both the top and the bottom. There's usually a new pile every time I go, but until this week, it hasn't rained, so the piles are quite dusty

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Here is my crinoid. Not big, but hopefully there's a calyx attached to those arms

post-77-0-16038100-1373500562_thumb.jpg

Hello Northern, I was there both days. I seen someone at the bottom of the pit on Saturday cutting while I was on top near the North side where it has been recently blasted. It was very dusty and decided to go back Sunday to the same spot during the rain. As I rolled in on my bike a person with a yellow hat was walking away from it.

Thank you Dan for the name.

I like that little crinoid, will clean up much better for sure. As good as any I have found there....

• 2 weeks later...