Bothrodendron Branches

RomanK

Hope that is the Bothrodendron branches. I found that specimen this morning - typical forest litter with lots of wood fragments. There was some Bothrodendron bark pieces inside and a couple of thin branches look like Lepidodendron but without any leaf scar at all. I've got a feeling that thin Bothrodendron branches have no a typical Bothrodendron leaf scars, but main axes (stem) only... At the thin branches we can see the rombical pattern like a leaf cushion at Lepidodendron branches.

post-814-0-70586900-1373541419_thumb.jpg

More pictures (1- outside, 2-3 - left and right inside)

post-814-0-22504400-1373544666_thumb.jpgpost-814-0-28478100-1373544661_thumb.jpgpost-814-0-32766500-1373544654_thumb.jpg

Edited by RomanK

Nice finds Roman! Really good sized specimens. I think you are right about them being Bothrodendron but I'd bug Bruno to confirm....havent heard from him in awhile...I'm sure you already looked at his site and his similar examples. http://forums-naturalistes.forums-actifs.com/t2476-bothrodendron-lindley-et-hutton-1833

Regards, Chris

Yes Chris, thank you! I am a website member there, but looked at that samples again, creat collection! I'm going to publish some materials about Bothrodendron together with one Russian paleobotanist in Russian scientific journal . Regards, Roman

Hi Roman, being a part of a published article sounds quite fantastic! Looking forward to seeing the results. Keep finding great stuff! Regards, Chris

Hi Roman, Great to see the fine details of this plant-quite special. I also enjoyed seeing the Euproops again in the previous photo on your photobucket page. That was an awesome find as well! Regards, Chris

Hi Roman, Great to see the fine details of this plant-quite special. I also enjoyed seeing the Euproops again in the previous photo on your photobucket page. That was an awesome find as well! Regards, Chris

Thank you Chris! Last Thursday find - a single Lepidodendron leaf cushion - an evidence that L. shadded it! Regards, Roman

post-814-0-18959300-1373725932_thumb.jpg

Edited by RomanK