Tree Root?

jeffP

After all of the wonderful help I had the other day from everyone, I said I had one more I wasn't sure of. I said I would post some pictures of it and get some help identifying it. mommabetts asked if I would post some pictures of some of our leaves and plants to show Bruno. Of course, when I go to get them the kids have moved them somewhere else(or my wife got tired of dusting around them). I did find one of the bark fossils though.

The first three are of the one I am not 100% sure of, but it looks like a tree root to me. The second three are of bark I am assuming.

The discoloration on the second set of three is paint(kids!!!), but it belongs to them I guess.

As soon as I find the others, I will post them. It's not like they should be too hard to find because some of them weigh probably 20 pounds.

post-1037-1228174270_thumb.jpg

post-1037-1228174281_thumb.jpg

post-1037-1228174303_thumb.jpg

post-1037-1228174345_thumb.jpg

post-1037-1228174354_thumb.jpg

post-1037-1228174360_thumb.jpg

After all of the wonderful help I had the other day from everyone, I said I had one more I wasn't sure of. I said I would post some pictures of it and get some help identifying it. mommabetts asked if I would post some pictures of some of our leaves and plants to show Bruno. Of course, when I go to get them the kids have moved them somewhere else(or my wife got tired of dusting around them). I did find one of the bark fossils though.

The first three are of the one I am not 100% sure of, but it looks like a tree root to me. The second three are of bark I am assuming.

The discoloration on the second set of three is paint(kids!!!), but it belongs to them I guess.

As soon as I find the others, I will post them. It's not like they should be too hard to find because some of them weigh probably 20 pounds.

Hi jeffP ,numbers 1/2/3 are calamites pit medullar cast ,numbers 4/5/6 are stigmaria ,lepidodendron roots .....

best regards

bruno

Hi jeffP ,numbers 1/2/3 are calamites pit medullar cast ,numbers 4/5/6 are stigmaria ,lepidodendron roots .....

best regards

bruno

Talk about speed!!!! I went to fix a fence in the hog house and came back and already had a reply. Thanks again and I'll look for the leaf fossils and get them up as soon as they are located.

Talk about speed!!!! I went to fix a fence in the hog house and came back and already had a reply. Thanks again and I'll look for the leaf fossils and get them up as soon as they are located.

Hey Bruno is the man when it cames to plant material, he really knows his stuff. Nice fossils by the way.