My Lake Bridgeport Trip Yesterday Was A Success.....

Katfish61

I am one happy person.....I FINALLY found my first trilobite, when I found it I did a little dance. Then I kept finding them....my poor husband didn't find one and I really felt for him, but it just happens that way. I almost always out do him in ours searches.... :) The site is really cool...I only picked up the best of anything I found. So I have taken my pics and I can't what to hear what ya'll can share with me on any feedback............ :D

When I found this piece I almost passed out......I counted ten on it!!! I like the two different colors from one side to the other.

I have others and I will post them next....Thanks to ALL my FF.."FOSSIL FAMILY"

post-12300-0-86762900-1374517104_thumb.jpg

post-12300-0-91159300-1374517130_thumb.jpg

post-12300-0-65295000-1374517362_thumb.jpg

Edited by Katfish61

Kathy

Thats a great piece. I was going to try and drive up there again but have not made the time. Hope there is some of those left if I ever make it back there.

It looks like you did just fine according to the pics you posted from there.....It will produce for a very long time....... :D

Kathy

Thanks Roz, that means a lot coming from you.....I follow all of your trips you have posted on-line. It seems you and Lance know your stuff. If I could find a quarter of what you have found,I would be happy........I have never prepped anything,so I am scared to start picking away at it. Any suggestions?

Kathy

• New Members

ok you found these at bridgeport lake ? i live in decatur ... i want in on where u found these.... i have been trying to find these types forever....i am tired of picking up crinodes

So many intact bugs in one piece.... It's not fair. :)

Context is critical.

Thanks Roz, that means a lot coming from you.....I follow all of your trips you have posted on-line. It seems you and Lance know your stuff. If I could find a quarter of what you have found,I would be happy........I have never prepped anything,so I am scared to start picking away at it. Any suggestions?

I never prep anything. I only use a tooth brush.. I would be afraid to try but you might want to buy a dental pick.

Fossiladdict (Lyla) on here finds many trilobites and has done an amazing job with hers!! I am sure she you would

give you some pointers or any other trilobite posters who see this thread!

Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on your astonishing fossil! What a plate! :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks again Roz...I will check her out to see what I can learn. I did run water over it and used a soft brush, I didn't even know that big one was on the back of it until I got it home and cleaned it up.... :D

Kathy

Here are a few other things I came out with....I still have more pics of other trilobites I found, I'll get them on here in a bit.... :)

post-12300-0-46977600-1374539306_thumb.jpg

post-12300-0-95372400-1374539338_thumb.jpg

post-12300-0-71091300-1374539359_thumb.jpg

post-12300-0-98064100-1374539395_thumb.jpg

post-12300-0-87898200-1374539428_thumb.jpg

post-12300-0-15517400-1374539482_thumb.jpg

Kathy

Well you are in fossil heaven aren't you! :D Can't wait to see everything you find!!! Totally jealous.... ;) Congrats again!

Katfish,

It sure looks like congratulations are in order. That is an amazing piece with all the bugs. Now, I'm jealous. I guess I need to get back out that direction again.

But then again, it looks like you've already cleaned the place out.

Great find.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

I have one more to post...I had picked it up because it was round and I thought it could be something, it opened up and this was inside. I can see it is complete,but I don't want to prep it and mess it up. Even the trace is perfect...... :D

Thanks to everyone for taking a look!!

post-12300-0-30466600-1374581713_thumb.jpg

post-12300-0-39453900-1374581916_thumb.jpg

Edited by Katfish61

Kathy

Thank you....I am still so excited about finding it/them...I was just looking at it under better lighting and spotted another one on it...... :D

Will someone let me know what kind they are?

Edited by Katfish61

Kathy

Here are a few other things I came out with....I still have more pics of other trilobites I found, I'll get them on here in a bit.... :)

You definitely have the nicest fingernails I've seen on a fossil hunter. Nice finds.

i'll take that as hate for my fingernails!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

i'll take that as hate for my fingernails!

Like you have any left.

KATFISH! Those are very nice specimens...